how you say, dance? 2

Start from the beginning

"Then, after the party, I'm going to go home with my new husband and, well, consummate the marriage, if you know what I mean." He rolled his eyes as you smirked.

"Do I get to be part of the service?" he asked.

You're at the end of the aisle, was the only thing you could think as you looked into his smiling face.

"Y/N?" he asked, breaking you out of your trance.

"Yes, sorry, I just spaced out for a moment there. I- of course you're invited. If you'd like, you can be my flower girl," you offered and he chuckled.

"I appreciate the offer, but Herc would be deeply hurt. I think you need to ask him first."

You slapped your forehead in mock surprise. "Of course! How could I forget him?"

"I'm not sure, amour. I think being flower girl is on his bucket list, though."

"Alright, I'll ask him." You grinned before noticing Eliza rushing over. "I think the service is starting, get ready."

Eliza rushed up to the doors, standing in front of everyone with a bouquet in hand. "Places, everybody, places!"

"You ready?" he asked you, offering his arm. You looped your hand through, resting it on the inside of his bicep.

"Let's go get them married."

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

"Eliza! The ceremony was amazing. You're a married woman now! How does it feel?" You grinned as you hugged Eliza, holding her at arm's length as you interrogated her.

"It feels exhilarating. I'm going to be with the man I love for the rest of my life, Y/N!" she squealed.

"Hells yeah, you are. Ready to go dance with him?" you asked, walking with her into the room where the after party was being held.

"I've never been more ready for anything. You ready to dance with Lafayette?" She smirked and you rolled your eyes.

"You need to drop it. We're not going to get together. He isn't into me, no matter how much you want him to be."

"But you didn't deny that you were into him!" she exclaimed, tapping your nose.

"Whatever. The song is starting; go dance with your husband." You lightly shoved her towards the dance floor, and she walked the rest of the way to Alex. You watched them for a moment before going off to find Lafayette.

"Y/N!" you whirled around to see him running towards you, looking frazzled, "There you are. Thank god."

"Chill, I'm not abandoning you before the dance, okay?" He sighed as you gave him a small smile.

"I know, but I'm just paranoid. Bad experiences, remember?"

"You don't have to worry about that with me, okay? I'm not going to embarrass you, or for that matter, let you embarrass yourself."

"Thank you, Y/N. For everything. I don't know where I'd be without you." He gave you a small but genuine smile, and you grinned.

"Probably tripping over Angelica's feet. In which case, you really are lucky to have me," you joked.

"I really am." He stared at you with a look that was almost of adoration, and your cheeks burned as you looked away.

As if on cue, Eliza took the mic, announcing, "And now, for the second dance of the night, I'd like to invite up all the bridesmaids and groomsmen!"

"Well, Y/N, may I have this, how you say, dance?" Lafayette gave you a timid smile, offering his hand, and you took it with a grin.

"I'm not sure if you actually forgot the word for dance, or if you were just trying to be all endearing and French," you chuckled as he lead you onto the dance floor. He turned to face you and placed a hand on your waist as he clasped your hand in his other, before giving a small smirk.