Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ariel

I swallowed.

You are not going to let the little lizard intimidate you!

The voice is right. I shouldn't be scared! It's just a big..scary...dragon who can whoop my ass. Not a big deal at all.

I took a step forward and the dragon cocked it's head to the side. Then I swear I saw more amusement in it's blue eyes. What is with this thing?

The dragon bowed it's huge head so it will level with me. The elders gasped.

"What? Am I missing something? I'm not going to be dragon snack?" I ask relieved I was going to live to see another day.

"He accepted you as his master!" Daniel said and started to do some weird happy dance which resembled the gangham style and a chicken having a seizure.

But I didn't share his enthusiasm. Happiness is not an emotion I can really feel most of the time. I shrugged, "Cool?" but it came out as more of a question.

The elders, Daniel, hell even the dragons looked at me in surprise except the one with the blue eyes.

"So when can I leave?" I asked ignoring their surprise. Seriously, the elders should be used to my lack of enthusiasm.

"Soon Ariel. Be patient. We still have to talk about you're landing."

I groaned. Then I thought about the dragon, my dragon. "Won't humans see him?" I ask pointing at the large beast.

"See if you read the book we wouldn't be having this problem." Daniel started, "But to answer your question dragons are invisible to humans. They are visible to all supernatural creatures though so they will all see the dragon coming down if they're looking that is."

* * *

The heaven cloud became small in the sky while Earth and everything on it became bigger. My hair flapped behind me and I would have felt free..

If I wasn't holding onto my dragon for dear life.

FIrst of all, this shirt isn't ideal for free-falling (on a dragon). My shirt was wildly flapping in the air. Flashing my bra to anyone down below. Lovely.

Second, this dragon isn't very obedient.

"Could you like slow done, dude?" I asked. Not only did I get no reply but it felt like the ground was coming at us faster.

Wait! What's his name? Wow, I'm a horrible master! Don't even know my own dragon's name! Eh like I care.

"What's your name?" I asked, but I had to practically shout so I could be heard of the roaring wind.

A deep, masculine voice - that was pretty hot if you ask me - sounded in my head, 'Caelum'

"Was-was that you?" I yelled, stuttering a little. I didn't expect his voice to be so.. sexy! Well, I didn't expect him to have a voice at all..

The dragon nodded it's head. "You can talk in my head??" I asked. Obviously, he can. What do you think he just did? Sharpened knives in your head?

'Yes, sweetheart.' Play it cool. A dragon - your dragon - just called you sweetheart.. in his sexy voice..in your head.. nothing strange there.