Lunch

A FEW DAYS LATER

I was sat in the hotel room, on the phone to Viv. She was screeching. Again.

"I STILL cannot believe you went on a date with Tom Hiddleston!" I thought she might have calmed down about that by now.

"It wasn't a date!" I defended. Again. I was beginning it might be easier to say it was a date. But, if that got back to Tom, and it wasn't a date, I don't think I'd be able to face him.

"Yeah, yeah. So you say, hun." She laughed, "Anyway. I'm coming down tomorrow!" That made me smile - I had really missed her for the short while I had been gone. We'd gone from living in each others pockets 24/7 to being separated overnight. And neither of us were used to it.

"I know! I can't wait to see you." I was genuinely excited to have her down here, even if only for a few days. Don't me wrong, team Marvel were amazing. But it would be so nice to have someone here that felt like home.

"Will you meet me at the station?" She asked, sounding unsure.

I smiled, never getting to see this vulnerable side of Viv, "Of course I will. What time's your train?"

"I get in at 2pm."

"I'll be there. And Viv?"

"Yeah?"

I laughed as I spoke, "Make sure you get off at the right station. It's Charing Cross. Not Kings Cross." I knew all too well what my friend was capable of.

"Yes, mother! I know that's its not Kings Cross."

"And which station is it?" I wanted to hear her say it, make sure it had sunk in.

"Charing Cross."

"Who's a clever girl?" I teased her.

"Oh, piss off. Go and shag Hiddleston or something." She teased, feigning offence.

"Fine then. Love you loser." I smiled down the phone.

"Love you, bitch." She replied, both of us hanging up.

No sooner did I place my phone down and it sounded again - a new message.

Tom. I couldn't help but smile at the mere sight of his name.

Hello Darling :) xxx

I smiled at the screen, tapping my reply.

Hey you. I'm just heading out for lunch. You free? xxx

I tapped the screen anxiously, waiting on his reply.

For you, always ;) xxx

Was he flirting? I hoped so. My fingers flew over the keyboard,

  Meet me downstairs in 10 minutes then. My treat this time xxx

I didn't have to wait long for his reply

Deal. xxx

Putting my phone down, I couldn't help the grin that spread over my face. I suddenly felt underdressed and rummaged through my wardrobe for a possible outfit. Eventually, I decided on the red tartan print skater dress that I had brought and my ever-faithful black boots. Putting some make up, a thought struck me - was I doing all of this for Tom? If this was Viv or Jamie, I wouldn't be bothering putting this much effort in. I mean, I went out for breakfast with Viv in my pyjamas once. But, add Tom in to the equation and I suddenly felt the need to make an effort.

I got up and stood in front of the mirror. "Yeah. Not bad." I spoke to my reflection. One final addition - Tom's leather jacket - and a quick spray of perfume and I was good to go. I grabbed my bag and locked my door, heading down to the lobby.