Blindness

Grey's P.O.V

I woke up the next morning and the only words that had come out of my mouth would be me saying,

"I'll do the surgery"

When I had said those words, Rachael had looked away from the weather channel and into my eyes, I stood there in my pajamas and staring back at her with a helpless look, helpless because after this decision, what am I supposed to do next? Is this it? The surgery comes next? I just don't know.

I felt like I was lost, lost until Rachael had walked up to me and wrapped me in her gentle warm arms.

And even better, she had softly pressed her full lips against mine and I was weak, my knees wanted to give out but I stood still and brought her more into me, we slowly moved our lips together until Bears happy self came in between us, we both broke away from each and smiled towards him.

"I'm so proud of you baby" she whispers in my ear and I looked at her softly, mentally terrified of doing this but I knew this was needed to be done.

"L--Lets do this" I whispered back to her and the rest of the day was a blur. I knew I made the right decision, this is what this family needed and--what that little girl in my dream would need.

Rachael's P.O.V - 1 Week Later

"This--this is it" I whispered to myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The day that Grey had told me that she was going to the surgery, I had immediately booked an appointment with the doctor for the surgery to be done. It was to be done at 11:30a.m.

It hard just turned 9:30. I've been in the bathroom since 9. Somehow--I was so nervous that I couldn't really face Grey. Grey, the other half of me. I chuckled at that sentence, I would always tease Grey and say that she was always the other half of me, till this day, she never got it.

One day, I'll fully explain to her but for now, for now I have to wake her up and put on the most gorgeous smile she has ever seen and reassure her that everything was going to be okay. That's my job, right?.

So I took one more look at myself, applying more blush before turning off the light in the bathroom and heading out, quietly closing the door behind me. I stood there softly watching as she quietly sleeps.

I begin to walk around the bed towards her side and gently climb into bed, softly straddling her, she stirs slightly before those beautiful eyes of hers open sleepily. She gazed at me sleepily and then a slow smile appeared on those lips. A smile appeared on mine also and I learnt forward, slowly grazing our lips together.

"I have morning breath" she whispers and I shake my head, grasping her cheek gently and pressing my lips further into hers.

"I signed up for years of your morning breath when I asked you to marry me" I whispered against her lips, pulling away breathlessly. She looks back at me in awe and I'm pretty sure I mirrored the same expression. We breathed in quiet since for a few minutes but then I realized an emotion in her eyes. Fear. She was scared.

My breath had caught in my throat and I slowly wrapped my arms around her neck and gently pulled her into me, hugging her into my chest. Her arms hesitantly wraps around me and a few more minutes she held me tighter then she has ever held me.

"It's o--okay Grey bear--it's okay. I'm here. I'll always be here. I--"

"I want to say I'm ready but--am I ready? am I really ready?" she had mumbled out sadly and I looked down at her, cupping her face softly. "You are ready, and I'm not just saying this because I want you to do it badly but I am saying this because weather or not you understand it, you are my better half and deep down I know that you are ready" I said this with great emotion in my voice.