Drunk Phone Call & Acting Shy

Rachael's P.O.V

"You swore and you promised" Grey whined and I giggled, ladies and gents, it was Grey Radford's 21st birthday. I am now talking to a very drunk might I add also whiny Grey. That is a very rare incident but also so adorable.

I did promise Grey that we were going to spend the whole day together, although unfortunately an owner of a museum that has been portraying my sculptures wanted me to present my pieces. I had to go and when rushing to the museum I forgot to tell this drunk girl my plans.

After I finished with the museum it had just turned nine at night, and I was exhausted. When I got home and turned my phone on, I got immediately filled with guilt so I immediately called her, we then argued for a whole twenty minutes because she was being an arrogant ass until she started whining.

"Can you stop whining and drinking and just listen to me?"I asked while smiling and I heard her take in a deep breath before she exhaled and I felt my eyebrows furrow. "Are you smoking?" I whispered and she giggled to which I got up from my couch and started pacing angrily.

"Yes" she said, and I looked back at my phone in shock.

"Please do not give me a lecture. I don't want it and I don't need it"

She then added and I stayed quiet feeling the rumble of worry within me. I didn't want her to smoke. I hated when she did. She always did it before seeing me though yet she knew I would know because she didn't try and mask the scent. I somehow still find her undeniably attractive. I must be crazy.

"Are you really going to give me the silent treatment?. On my birthday Blondie?" she spoke again and I couldn't help but let the tears flow, it just hurt whenever she smoked, because I always thought about the consequences if she kept it up. Death.

I sniffed and then I heard complete silence over the other end.

"Why are you crying?" she asked harshly and I bit my lip to hold in the tears, she always acted mad whenever I cried, I didn't know why but deep down I knew it was her way of being concerned. "Beca..use.." I paused to hiccup and continue talking although in a stutter manner. "you.. know I hate it when you smoke and you sti...ll do it" I finished as I wiped my nose with my handkerchief.

"Okay okay okay okay. I'm not smoking anymore okay?.. Rachael.." She whispered my name and I felt my heart jump.

"You're going to quit?" I asked getting excited.

"Of course not!" she retorted and I frowned.

"I'm leaving" I said and went to hang up when she spoke harshly again.

"If I quit, then I have the permission to hold you anytime I want" she made a deal and my heart burst into a world of cupid.

"Friendly hold though because I--I'm with Heather" I finished, my heart ached in guilt. She sighed. "I'm so drunk right now so I'm just going to say it. Fuck Heather. I want you" she said confidently and I giggled before shaking my head. I wanted to see her, so I grabbed my keys and I asked her where she was.

"Don't try to change the subject girly..I--" I cut her off though as I rolled my eyes, "Are you going to try and start an argument causing you to not see me tonight or are you going to tell me where you are so we can get drunk together?" I finished bossily and I laughed as she replied back.

"You're bossy.. Jeez" she said dragging out the "E". She then told me she was outside of the bar we saw each other in and I started my car, pulling out of my apartment complex parking lot before putting the gear into Drive. I already felt the jitters of seeing her.