Key Largo

A week after the Marcella incident, I was mailed a copy of the September issue of FFM. Our silhouette picture was glowing in the cover. Some of the text on the cover included:

This Month! EXCLUSIVE Interview With Style Squad!

Justin Palmer Tells All!

ALL NEW Posters Of Princess Precious!

Roxanne: The Rise To Fame!

I take a pic of the cover and post it to Style Squad's Insta, with the caption: So exciting! Style Squad featured in @FashionForwardMagazine! Thanks for having us! 😆🤗😜

I look at my calendar. Oh my gosh! It's September 20th. My 14th birthday is in three days!

I decided to have a little get together with Lexi, Vera, and Sandra a while ago. Now that Style Squad is officially a thing, I don't know what will happen.

And then, the phone call.

"Hiya, cutie! It's Sonja!"

"Hello, Sonja," I said sarcastically.

"Don't give me an attitude, Elisa! Now, let's get to the reason I'm calling."

"Yeah, I know you only call if you absolutely need to," I say. "Not to check up on me or anything."

"Wow, we're sassy today, aren't we?" Sonja exclaims. Hard to believe she's only in her 30s. She acts like a 60 year old high school teacher who's trying to dress code you.

"Is this about Marcella's brattiness? She's not usually like that, I've met her before, so I'd know."

"Just tell me why you're bothering me right now!" I nearly scream.

"So, your birthday's in three days!"

"I'm pretty sure that I know that!"

"No back talking! Anywho, I know that you want to keep it quiet, but you're a celebrity now! Time to show the world how lit a Style Squad party can be!"

Ew! Did she just say lit?!

"Um, sure, Sonja! What'd you have in mind?" I ask. I'm a little skeptical about this, but I tried not to let my voice give it away.

"There's the Elisa I know! So, I've decided that we're going to Key Largo! The Style Squad limo will pick you and your friends up from your houses tomorrow. Get packing, girl! Paparazzi will be everywhere. I say pack your cutest bikinis!"

Sonja hung up after that. "Mami! Daddy!" I shout down the stairs. "We're going to Key Largo! Tomorrow!"

***

The next day, September 21st, my family and I were waiting outside our house with our bags packed to the max. Sonja had called my parents to let them know we were staying for four days. Today, tomorrow, my birthday, and the day after.

The Style Squad limo pulls up. My parents had never been inside. I stepped inside, taking immediate notice that there were only four seats. Mine, Vera's, Lexi's, and Sandra's.

"Umm..." I mumbled.

"You okay, baby?" Mami said from behind me.

Sonja hopped out of the front seat. She was dressed in bright orange and pink beach wear. You could probably see her coming from a mile away in that getup.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Lopez!" Sonja giggled, quickly shaking their hands. My parents exchanged disturbed glances. I shrugged.

"I'm so sorry to burst your bubble, but you two are going in a separate car!" Sonja said.

"Pardon me?" Daddy yelped.

Sonja nodded, her shiny platinum hair glowing in the sun, nearly blinding me. "That's right! There's a different limo picking up the parents and siblings."

"My friends' families are coming, too?!" I was excited. I hadn't seen Sandra's family in a while.

At that moment, a shiny, black limo pulled up behind the white Style Squad limo. A chauffeur opened the door for my parents. I hugged them really quickly and ran into the Style Squad limo.