Fashion Forward Magazine

"Here we are, girls!" Sonja purrs as we pull up to Fashion Forward Magazine Headquarters. We get out of the Style Squad Limo and walk into the large building.

As soon as we walk in, we are blinded by colors. People are zooming around everywhere. Some are typing on their phones, writing on clipboards, etc. We walk up to the front desk, which was painted hot pink and orange. "'Scuse me, hon, would ya mind showing me to the photo shoot area?" Sonja says to the lady behind the counter.

She looks up from her computer. Her name tag says Marlee. Her hair falls to her shoulders in soft black waves. She peers at us over the edge of her hot pink glasses, her dark eyes looking us over. "I'm sorry, you must be lost!" Marlee says, smirking.

Sonja scoffs. "Um, Marlee, I am Sonja Sontin! Ya know, sister-in-law of Walter Crimson of Prestic International! Pretty sure that they made your computer there. And I'm here with the ladies of Style Squad! We're lined up for a photo shoot for the September issue of your magazine, and an interview with your very own Marcella Diamond!"

Sonja leaned on one hip and batted those green eyes, her hair falling over her shoulder. "Now, if you'll please take us to the photo shoot, that'd be swell, Marlee!"

Marlee looked shocked. I was too. Sonja was definitely Hannah's aunt. Marlee's face flushed. "I-I'm sorry, Ms. Sonja, I'll lead you to the room now!"

Marlee came out from behind the desk and lead us to a room at the end of a hallway. It was evident that this was the photo shoot. Large props were scattered here and there, large and small cameras and those light things that look like umbrellas were positioned in front of a set. Not a green screen, and actual Style Squad set!

The background of our logo was the background of the set, and there were chairs that looked liked the ones in our respective Style Squad colors. Smaller props were on a table a few feet away from the set. There was a refreshments table on the wall to the left. Large windows filled the whole back wall behind the set, allowing the natural light in. Lastly, the entire room was painted white, making the natural light that much brighter.

There were other sets and green screens scattered around, with other photo shoots going on. But the Style Squad set was front and center. "Makes sense, because we're the big feature in this issue of FFM," Lexi said with a flip of her dark hair.

Sandra started to go over to the set, but a worker stopped her. "Sorry, Ms Sawdon, but you need to head to hair and makeup before the shoot!" He said.

"Oh... okay!" Sandra responded, flushing.

The worker (his name was Xavier) lead through a door into a room next to the studio. There were those lighted mirror vanities on either wall of the room. The walls were each painted a different color: yellow, teal, pink, and purple. At the end of the room was a table with different flavored waters. Vera poured a cup of the cucumber lemon water. "Oh my, this stuff is awesome!" She called.

Each mirror vanity has a colorful, comfortable revolving chair, and bins upon bins of high-end makeup products in every color. Another door on the right wall lead to wardrobe, and the door that we came through was opposite to the wardrobe.

"Alright girls, one of the makeup specialists will be with each of you momentarily," Xavier said as he wrote something down on his clipboard. He then went back into the studio.

Four girls came over to us. They were the makeup specialists, and they sat us down at four of the vanities. My makeup artist was named Natalia. "Okay, Ms Lopez, we are going with a natural look for you and your friends. Is that alright?" She said. She spoke with a Hispanic accent.

"That's perfect, Natalia! And call me Elisa, not Ms Lopez, please."

Natalia looked flustered. "I, um, okay!" She giggled.

***

"What do you think of this, Elisa?" Natalia said after she finished, spinning my chair around so I could look in the mirror. I gasped. I did not look like Elisa Lopez. The makeup was natural, yet vibrant, if that's possible. My eyelids were a soft brown color, with a hint of gold. I was wearing natural looking false lashes, and the eyeliner was perfect. The blush was slightly darker than my tan skin. Speaking of skin, the foundation matched my neck perfectly. My lips were a beautiful matte coffee color. And my eyebrows were— please forgive me for saying this—on fleek!

As for my curly hair, it cascaded down my back in a way I could never get my curls to do. They looked long, not puffy!

"Wow." That's all I could say to Natalia. I was dumbfounded.

"Is it not perfect? Do you not like it?" Natalia's pretty voice had a worried tone.

"...it's amazing! Thanks, Natalia!" I said, jumping out of the chair and hugging her.

"Oh! Thank you, Elisa," Natalia said.

***

"Gosh, I can't believe hair and makeup can look this good," Vera said as she held her compact mirror up to her face. Her eyeshadow was a soft caramel color, her blush was rosy, and her lipstick was the exact same color as her lips. Her stylist left her golden-brown hair flowing over her shoulders. She looked like a Disney princess.

Lexi's makeup was fabulous. Bronze eyeshadow was put on her eyelids, brown blush accented her dark freckles, and she had matte rose lipstick on. Her dark, wavy hair was also loose and flowing.

And Sandra looked very different, yet beautiful, with her hair out of its braid. Her hair was wavy/curly, I guess. It was cascading down her back. Her makeup was shimmery tan eyeshadow, pink blush, and a soft mauvey brown lip.

We thanked Natalia and the makeup crew one more time and left for wardrobe.

We had brought our own clothes to change into for the shoot. We all had white shirts with the Style Squad logo on them, but the shirts were all different styles. Mine was tight and would be tucked into my light pink denim skirt. Lexi's shirt was silky and would be worn over fuchsia skinny jeans. Vera was wearing a cold-shoulder top with a soft pale blue skirt. Lastly, Sandra was wearing a long tunic over lavender leggings.

Wardrobe girls helped us put the clothes on without ruining our hair and makeup. Anything that was messed up was quickly fixed. My lipstick smudged. They fixed it. Etc!

Xavier came to get us. "Come on, Style Squad girls. It's time for the photo shoot!"

He lead us back to the studio. The other photo shoots looked like that had just finished.

"OMG, is that Roxanne?" Vera whisper-screamed. The 20 year old singer/songwriter was drinking from a water bottle as one of the workers talked to her.

"No way! That's Justin Palmer!" Lexi sighed. The teenage actor was helping clean up after his shoot. "Ah, he's so helpful!"

"Oh! That's Princess Precious!" Sandra squealed. The white angora cat was being placed in her bejeweled pink carrier after an exquisite, hot pink photo shoot.

I gasp. "It's Marcella Diamond!" I whisper excitedly.

Marcella was talking with Xavier. Gosh, she's so pretty! Her long, soft, black, glossy curls feel to her waist. Her skin was a toffee color. Her round face was dusted with light freckles, and her eyes are a light brown. Marcella is 16 years old. She was wearing a sky blue dress, gold jewelry, and gold shoes. As she talked to Xavier, she tossed her shiny hair over her shoulder, revealing the brown highlights underneath. It was like magic.

"OMG, is she coming to watch the shoot?!" Lexi asked.

Marcella looked over her shoulder at us. I froze. She whispered something to Xavier and walked towards us. "Hello. You're Vera, Sandra, Lexi, and Elisa?"

"Yes, uh, we are!" I responded with a smile. I held my hand out for her to shake.

Marcella stared at my hand with a look of disgust on her face. "So anyways, you're to come to the interview room once the shoot is finished. That's where I'm supposed to be 'interviewing' you... children. Ta!" Marcella turned on her heel and walked away.

Sandra scoffed. Vera gasped. Lexi rolled her eyes. I stood there, shocked.

"Ugh, Hannah much?" Lexi growled.

"Hannah much." I looked down at the ground.

Do you know how it feels to have your idol neglect you?

Now I do.