《21. Adopt Designs》

How are you all today? I hope you're well. I'm just sitting around in class with nothing to do but design characters and hope they'll appeal to my audience.

Our first adopt, a half pony, half deer, nonbinary being of hope and innocence! I want to refrain from taking any of my adopt designs for myself, but I absolutely adore this design!

•--•--•--•✄•--•--•--•

Now, the next bit of adopts are SkyPainters, a Pegasus Class/Species I made myself (with helpful hints from a few old friends).
Before we get on to the adopts, I will very quickly explain the SkyPainters to any newcomers and others who just need a refresher.

In Equestria, just how the seasons are changed manually by ponies and the weather is brought in by Pegasi, the colors of the very sky are created by a rare group of Pegasi known as the SkyPainters. Though they are a very small group, they are also vital to the civilians of Equestria. The SkyPainters custom was started a thousand years ago by Celestia, who requested help after the banishment of her sister, being too worn out from raising and lowering the sun and moon to color the skies herself. For each different time of day, there is a different sector of SkyPainters that specialize in perfecting the gradient of the sky to match that time; for instance, the Dawn Sector is responsible for painting pinks, oranges, and purples in the sky in the early morning.

Each Sector is led by a single mare or stallion who was hereditarily chosen for the job - therefore, the Sector Heads are always related to the original Head of their team from when the tradition was first started. It is the Head Pegasus's job to train their own child to then take on their role as the leader of their Sector.

To do such, the SkyPainters use an incredibly rare sort of Pigment that gives the sky and the clouds their color, and that is made specific to each and every individual Painter (but that will be explained later). These Pigments are created in the form of powder by the SkyPaint Crafters in a special facility, and only they know the techniques to perfecting the Pigments. Then, when the Pigments are given to their assigned SkyPainter, that Pegasus uses a special pouch with very soft, delicate material that protects the Pigments until they are used. These pouches are worn only while a Painter is at work, on a belt around the pony's body, and they are engraved with that pony's cutie mark.

Now you may be wondering why these Pegasi are so uncommon - this is because a Pegasus can only become a SkyPainter if they have a family member who is in a Painting Sector, or if they have a very close friend in a Sector. This is because the SkyPainting techniques are kept incredibly guarded by those Pegasi in the group, and a foal can only be taught those techniques by an expert. In addition, not every foal in a family with a Painter will have a talent in the craft.

Once a foal discovers that they show a talent in SkyPainting, they go through a sort of 'induction ceremony'. That Pegasus earns the stripes in their mane, their gradient wings, and the speckles on their coat (so therefore, the pony has a solid colored mane and coat before earning their Cutie Mark). These confirm that the foal has officially joined the SkyPainting Flock.