Chapter 3: Breakfast in Bed

"Diana, come back to bed!" I called, groaning as I pushed myself into a sitting position against the headboard.

"Shut up, I'll be there in a second!" Her voice echoed.

I snickered, pulling back the covers and scanning the bed for my underwear. I noticed them by my feet, and reached down to grab them.

"At least make me breakfast while you're up!" I teased, kicking my feet through the holes of my briefs and wiggling into them.

She didn't respond, but I heard her footsteps padding toward the kitchen. I smirked. That's my girl.

Soon, she appeared in the doorway, her long bare legs glistening in the sunlight that shone through the bedroom window.

I bit my bottom lip as I eyed her up and down hungrily. "Well, good morning."

"Good morning." She smiled, holding up a large mixing bowl. She walked over to the bed and sat the bowl in my lap. "Breakfast." She announced.

I looked down, frowning at the sight of dry cereal. "Really?"

She chuckled to herself, sitting down on the edge of the bed and sliding underneath covers. "What? You don't like my cooking?"

I lifted an eyebrow. "There's no milk."

"Oh, right. Milk!" She exclaimed, snapping her fingers. "I knew it was missing something."

I snorted, shaking my head. "No milk. No spoon. How am I supposed to eat this?"

"Well, I don't have spoons." She retorted, throwing me a wink. "Want chopsticks?"

"I'll show you a chopstick." I chuckled, rolling my eyes as I sat the bowl on the nightstand next to the bed.

She scooted closer to me, resting a hand on my abdomen.  She slid her fingers down to the top of my underwear and lifted the waistband, taking a quick peek at what laid inside. "That ain't no chopstick, baby." She remarked, looking up at me with a seductive smirk.

I giggled, placing a finger underneath her chin and pulling her in for a soft kiss. She moaned quietly against my lips before pulling away. I smiled down at her, stroking her bottom lip with my thumb.

"I love your lips." I whispered, pressing my mouth to hers once more.

She grinned, flashing her perfect smile. "Why? They're just lips."

"No, they're beautiful lips. So full..." I spoke, outlining their round shape with my index finger. "And soft, but firm at the same time."

She raised her eyebrows, tucking her bottom lip between her teeth just to drive me wild. "That's funny, I could say the same about your... You know." She trailed off, glancing down at my waist. "Member."

I laughed, the back of my head resting against the headboard as I cackled toward the sky. "Member?"

She snickered, watching in amusement as I cracked up. "I didn't want to be too explicit."

I shook my head, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her towards me so that she straddled my lap. She giggled, swatting me away as I buried my face into the crook of her neck.

"Give me a kiss." I pouted, holding onto her with a tight grip so that she couldn't wriggle away.

"I refuse." She challenged, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Give me a kiss." I demanded. "Don't make me tickle you."

Her face fell. "You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would." I responded, squeezing her sides playfully.

She yelped, rolling onto her side in an attempt to escape. I quickly flung myself on top of her, pinning her down against the plush mattress.

"Michael, do not tickle me."

"Give me a kiss."

"No!"

I sighed. "Suit yourself." I teased, holding her wrists above her head and tickling under her arms.

"Stop!" She kicked and screamed. "Okay, fine! I'll give you a kiss!" 

I smirked, diving in for a kiss before she could change her mind.

"Who's the man?" I managed to whisper in the few moments that our lips were apart.

"You."

"Who?" I asked again, rolling her onto her back and laying in between her legs, never breaking the kiss in the process.

She snaked her hands up and down my back, pulling me in closer. "You." She repeated.

I pulled away, hovering over and staring deeply into her eyes. "Take this off." I ordered, tugging on her nightgown.

She quickly grabbed the hem and pulled it up over her head, flinging it across the room. I licked my lips as I ran my fingers across her bare stomach. I replaced my fingers with my lips, placing a trail of kisses from her collarbone, to her navel, and then between her legs. Her breathing grew ragged and shallow as she nestled her fingers into my hair.

"You like that, baby?" I questioned, opening my eyes to look up at her stunning face as she moaned and squirmed beneath me.

"Mhmmm." She cooed. "Don't stop."

Just then, my cell phone buzzed, make a loud rattling noise against the wooden night stand.

"Don't stop." She pleaded. I didn't want to, but I knew that I had to.

I sat up, reaching across her to grab my phone. "Sorry, baby. It's probably Sasha." I apologized as I looked down at the screen. "Yep. It's her."

She groaned, scooting to the other side of the bed and sliding underneath the covers.

I took a deep breath before answering the phone. "Hey, sweetheart."

"Where are you?" She asked in a slightly frantic tone.

"I'm at Quincy's." I lied. Why, is everything alright?"

She let out a long sigh, remaining silent for a few moment before continuing. "It's my dad. They had to send him to the hospital this morning."

My eyes widened. "Is he okay? Where are you? I'm on my way now." I spoke in a panic, scrambling out of the bed with the phone tucked between my ear and my shoulder.

"I'm heading to the hospital now. God, why is there's so much traffic?"

I frantically pulled on my pants, almost tripping over my own feet. Diana watched me struggle with a confused look. 

"I'll be there as soon as I can, okay? Call me as soon as you know anything."

"Okay, I will." 

I could sense the tears welling up in her eyes. "It's going to be okay, baby. Just take a deep breath."

She released a long, slow breath that sounded like static in my ear. "Okay. I think I'm okay for now." She assured me. "I'll call you when I get to the hospital."

"Okay, see you soon, dear." I spoke, fumbling with the buttons on my shirt.

I flashed Diana an apologetic look before bending over to pull on my socks. "It's an emergency." I explained.

She nodded, but didn't speak. Fully dressed, I leaned across the bed, planting a kiss on her cheek. "I'm sorry." I whispered, pecking her cheek once more before standing up and scurrying out of the room.