Chapter 11: Repayment

My calculating icy blue eyes, groggy from the long hours of sleep, slowly slid open, taking in their surroundings. I shifted in bed, sliding silky sheets clear of my body to reveal bare skin. Their texture was soft and welcoming, much unlike what was now occurring before me, for not far from my luxurious bed, hanging expertly from the ceiling, was the body of a increasingly delicate looking girl. My breath caught in my throat somewhat grievingly as I took in her features. Her skin was a sickening blue, many of her body parts swollen to the extent that they were barely recognizable. Her eyes were wide, yellow, and incredibly blood shot. She looked to be about 10.
           I gently shoved myself off the bed, choking on a unexpected gasp as I flinched at the sight of her. However, what made me halt in my tracks was not the right of her brutally hung body, but what looked to be a hastily written note laying before her. Chills went up my spine as the words repeated in my head over and over until I could no longer thing clearly.

YOUR NEXT

~Sloan's P.O.V.~

             My hands were balled into fists, to the extent that my knuckles turned white as I fought to not knock this testing official unconscious.
              "What is to be done to the girl is not your decision."I glared at the nearly elderly man as the words came out in what could be described as a growl. However, the man was not phased in the slightest sense. I had come to completely despise these meetings.
              "Excuse my speaking against you, General Aquarius, but if each member of this council chooses to vote against you then what we wish can most certainly be accomplished."
                   "Maybe your plans will work up until the point that Deltania is executed along with the entire Wolf Society." Of course they continued to work on the same task of handing off a 16 year old girl to her abusive father, as long as it meant that they would be able to get exactly what they wanted.
"General Aquarius, this is in no way meant to insult you, however it seems apparent that you have developed an attachment to an initiate." The words were incredibly straightforward, and from the looks of his calculating eyes, I knew my response would have to be careful.
                      "I share no attachment to the initiates. They are worthless, nearly incapable as of now." I stared him down ruthlessly. Most would crack under the chilling look I gave him now.
                       "Then, if you truly have no attachment, have her whipped, personally, by you, General, and we will see how you behave." I snapped, throwing my fist into the Officials face so hard that he crashed to the floor with a sickening thump. I knew I would pay gravely for this later, however I stalked out of the room anyway, feeling their eyes heavily resting on my back. Of course, it was at that moment that everything went completely wrong, and the world went black around me.

~Adelina's P.O.V.~

                       Someone was in the room. My heart pounded mercilessly in my chest as my relentless icy blue eyes stared forward towards the bathroom.
                      The room was dark, pitch black even, however the sound of a clumsily put footstep had made me alert of the person.
                      Knife gripped in the palm of my hand, I silently crept forward, feeling as though my heart was about to explode from my chest and run down the long corridors that followed outside of my chambers. I blinked steadily, however found it close to impossible to observe the darkness without getting closer to it.
                   Knife clutched tightly in hand, I peered into the washroom, eyes taking in the sight of the darkness. It was at this moment, that a shadow slid into my vision, and stabbed a syringe deep into my hip. I flinched, trying to allow my eyes to view who was before me, however I only found it to be a man I would have never guessed. Would have never imagined, for he was supposedly locked away for experiments.