Chapter 10: Interrogations

Don't you see, Adelina? Sloan is still lying. Still hiding. He wants you to trust him. He wants to use you." I growled angrily, taking a step towards my father.
"And I want you to fuck off." He smiled lightly, before speaking once more.
"Oh, little girl. You don't understand the prophecy at all, do you?" I gazed at him, as he took my silence as a response. "You must choose, Adelina. Arden, or The Wolf Society. There will be one."
I slowly allowed my eyes to flutter open, bringing my hands up to my face and rubbing them vigorously. A dull pain coming from my head caused me to slouch back down, letting out a heavy sigh, my father's words racing in my brain.
Today, I would be interrogated by Testing Officials for Seph's disappearance. I refused to think about what would happen if I failed. So instead, I grabbed a pair of pants, and pulled them up my legs. The soft touch of fabric as I pulled a shirt over my head filled my senses.
I sat back down on the bed softly, lacing my boots, before opening a drawer, pulling out the tiny vial, the shimmering purple liquid resting inside it. Sliding the vial into my boot, I cracked open the door to my room, peering outside before stepping into the halls, making my way down to the cafeteria.
Entering the cafeteria, I was met with the gazes of multiple Testing Officials standing at the head of the room, their eyes appearing to be staring into my soul. I slowly made my way to the table, slouching down on a bench avoiding the gazes of the others.
Sloan leaned against the far wall, observing the scene before him. His chocolate brown eyes met mine, causing me to purse my lips together, before swiftly averting my gaze to the Testing officials.
"As you all know, initiate Seph has yet returned to The Wolf Society. It is in your best interests that we host these interrogations." The leading Official smiled lightly.
"George." The second official's voice rang throughout the cafeteria as George slowly stood, stepping over to the Testing Officials, and entering another room.
I swiftly took the vial from my boot, unplugged it, and downed the purple liquid. Not an initiate noticed against their quite, apprehensive eating,
                     Soon after Mara emerged from the mysterious room, my name rang throughout the cafeteria. I slid out of my seat, heart pounding in my chest as I met the Testing officials gazes, before following them into the room.
                      The interrogation room was bright, nearly blindingly bright, for the white lights shone. It was a small room, The only furnishings consisting of a table, and 2 chairs. Laying upon the table, was a syringe. The syringe contained a blood red liquid, its sight causing me to blink.
                      "Have a seat, Miss Deltania." I looked up to the aging Testing Official who I assumed was the leader. "My name is Dr. Argun. I will be administering your interrogation." Nodding, I met his calculating, green eyes. I turned to my side as another soldier scooped up the syringe in his hand.
                       "The liquid is a Truth Serum. It is simply used for more accurate results. We ask you to remain completely still. You have nothing to worry about." Dr. Argun pressed a smile to his face, a clearly fake, somewhat menacing smile as I stared ahead at him, not saying a word.
                           I grit my teeth as the needle was inserted into my neck. The liquid emptied out into my bloodstream as a feeling of dizziness overcame me, before swiftly surpassing.
                           "Let us begin." Dr. Argun shot me a cruel grin, before he spoke once more. "Miss Deltania, where were you on the day of Seph's redirection?" A answer he should already know. I shook off my feeling of uneasiness, and gave a simple answer to his question.
                           "Training with General Aquarius and the other initiates." Dr. Argun pressed another smile to his face.
                             "Good." He replied, before moving on. "As we know, General Aquarius reported that Seph was redirected due to the lack of following instructions, and in the process endangering an initiates life. Is this true?" Why was he asking me these questions? They had more to do with Sloan than me. Had Sloan done something to cause the Officials to become suspicious?
                              "Yes, its true. General Aquarius chose to redirect Seph because he jeopardized a life." Dr. Argun nodded, appearing to be hanging on to each of my words, carefully weighting them all. Slowly, he leaned in, his eyes boring into my icy blue ones.
                                "And who would this initiate be?" The words fell off his tongue simply. These questions didn't make sense. They had nothing to do with Seph's disappearance. I allowed myself a moment,  before very carefully answering.
                                "Seph refused to jump into the water to pull me out. We were training using chains." Dr. Argun appeared unsatisfied with my response. His next words shocked me deeply, to the point where I faltered to answer.
"Is anything going on between you and the General? Does he favor you?" There was a moment of silence, a moment of impatient waiting before I responded.
"No."

                                      Sloan easily knocked me off my feet, causing me to fall to the mat, not caring whatsoever. I was to deep in thought about my father, about the Testing Officials' interests in Sloan, and of course what had happened yesterday. More or less, it was hard to concentrate with him around.
                                      "You're distracted." He said levelly, stepping back a step for me to stand. I swiftly shoved myself to my feet, rolling my eyes at his words, looking up at his annoyingly good looking self. "Talk." He spoke once more, his eyes boring into my own. He acted as if he'd never shoved me up against a wall and nearly kissed me.
                                        "Do the Officials have something against you?" I questioned, somewhat suspicious. He shook his head, slightly taken aback by my words.
                                          "They don't like me. They want me out of here." There was a pause before he spoke again. "What did they ask you, Adelina?"
                                             "Questions about why you redirected Seph." I left out the last question, my eyes meeting his reluctantly.
                                               "And?" He gazed at me expectantly, his jaw clenched as if he was growing pissed off. Why? Hell, he knew something. He was hiding something. What?

The Day Before~
Sloan's P.O.V.

                           "So you want to use the girl as a distraction? As fucking bait?" I snapped at the doctor, growing increasingly angry. He stared at me, shocked.
                             "You seem attached to Deltania, General Aquarius." I snarled, my eyes boring menacingly into his.
"Sorry if I don't like the idea of handing off our Queen to the enemy. You want her raped and beaten? Hell, see if I care, but if we want her on the throne, then we're not giving her back to her father." Dr. Argun stared at me intently, his gaze level as if weighing my motives.
                               "Allow me to remind you that having feelings for an initiate is considered treason." Silence filled the room as anger built up inside me. Faster than anyone could notice, I slid a dagger out of my belt, and chucked it across the table, so close to the doctor that it lightly skimmed his ear, before planting itself inside of the wall.
                                 My action was met with equally shocked gazes as I stood, my eyes cold and deadly. "Say that again, Doctor." I smirked wickedly at him. More silence, before I shoved the chair back, and stalked out of the room.

Present

              "They questioned me about.. they asked me if you favored me." He shook his head, letting out a deadly chuckle that didn't meet the eyes. Slowly, he brushed a thumb across my cheek, I could see that he was weighing the thoughts inside of his head. His gaze was terrifyingly deadly. To my surprise, his eyes softened.
                 "Be careful, Adelina." The way he said my name sent a shiver down my spine, as he took a step back, his hand leaving my cheek. I watched him step out of the room, before turning away, and throwing my fist into a punching bag.

                                      Heyyy! Soo it's been really long since I last uploaded, and I'm pretty sure no one cares about this anymore. Oh well. :( 😂 Anyway, sorry again, and thank you so much for your support! I really, really do appreciate it! Please vote, and feel free to leave feedback as it's pretty helpful. This chapter.. was super hard to write. I rewrote it over and over again around 5 times with all different plots. One of them was particularly gruesome and horrible for Adelina. I decided I wouldn't go there. Yet. 😂anyway, I rewrote this to the point where I lost interest and felt like a loser! 🙄 ugh.. 😢😂 but a video of how short life is made me realize that I needed to get my lazy ass up and finish this! So I did. And it sucks, but at least it's there now. So before I make this authors note longer than the story, I'll end this. 😂 thank you thank you thank youuuu!