Chapter 2: Heartache

"I. Don't. Love you." Edwards voice growled. They were back on the docks again, Oswald standing near the edge and Ed in front of him holding a gun aimed at his stomach.

     "E-Ed, please" the smaller man stammered out. The scene switched and there was blackness, until it was followed by a gun shot.

Oswald jolted up in his bed and let out a scream before covering his mouth. Tears stung his eyes as he pulled his knees up to his chest and shook like a leaf.

 Oswald started sobbing into his blanket, his head hurt from the nightmares and his heart hurt from loneliness. Or maybe he just missed Ed.

No! Oswald shook his head. He was supposed to hate Ed, he was supposed to want to destroy him!

But, he didn't.

~~~

Edward woke to a scream, he looked around distressed. His room was full of puzzles- finished and unfinished. Edward almost screamed himself as something flew into his face, his swatted at it but stopped when realizing it was the crossword puzzle he was doing yesterday.

Ed's heart pounded in his chest as he got up and changed into his suit, his pulled on the mask and walked out into the main room. Ivy and Joker were already awake. He checked the time.

10:00

Ed almost bolted out the door, but remembered that bringing flowers to Gertrude Kapelput's grave was no longer his job.

He sighed and sat down at the table.

"Morning, Sleepyhead." Ivy giggled and looked at Ed. Ed froze and he glared at Ivy.

Those were the exact words he had said to Oswald when he woke up the day he brought him to his apartment.

His chest suddenly hurt.

"Good morning." he said gruffly. Joker jumped up onto the table and strode over to Ed.

"Hey, Eddie, why so sad?" He grinned.

"It's none of your business, Jerome, now lay off." Ed growled.

Joker looked to Ed as if he were offended.

"What did you just call me?"

"I called you by your real name, idiot, get over it."

"Oh really, Edward?"

Ed winced and glared at Joker.

"Shut up."

"Why, Edward? I just called you by your real name, idiot" Joker snapped and smiled innocently as if he weren't an insane murderer dressed as a clown. Ivy looked up.

"I'll be right back, I'm gonna go check on Ozzie. He's usually up by this hour" She said and walked over to the door with the umbrella. Ed watched closely as nobody responded.

"Pengy?" Ivy knocked again. Still no reply.  Ivy was suddenly worried and opened the door, only to be greeted by Oswald walking right into her.

Ivy let out a scream and raised her hand to slap him but lowered it when realizing it was just Penguin.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" He said in a hurry as he wobbled over to the table. Ivy peeked into his room for a moment before shutting the door.

Edward raised an eyebrow as the first thing he noticed about Oswald was that his eyes were a bit red. Had he been crying? It's not like Ed cared anyway.

Freeze burst out of his room in his suit and gun in hand, he sat down and smirked as Ed almost fell off his chair in surprise.

"Now all we need is Selina, and then we can get the plan ready!" Ivy jumped happily.

"Already here" Catwoman said as she literally appeared out of nowhere and landed in front of Ivy.

"Yay!" Ivy cheered as she sat down. Everyone took their seat and started forming out the plan.

"So Ed and I will break into the Gotham museum and lure Batman there, right?" Oswald said.

"Yes, and then Selina will appear and distract him so you two can escape. While Batso is distracted Joker will knock him out and we'll bring him back here."

"And I can kill his kid friend, yes?" Joker piped up.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Ivy rolled her eyes. "And then after a few hours of torture Freeze will do his thing and we'll have a batsicle."

"Sounds like a plan to me" Cat smiled a bit and shrugged at how happy her friend was.

"As long as Oswald doesn't smash a vase over my head, then I'm in." Ed said and gave Oswald a look.

"Ugh, fine. I'm in. But if Ed tries anything..." Oswald said warningly and gave Ed a look.

"He won't." Ivy huffed and glared at Ed.

"I am also in." Freeze said.

"And me!" Joker giggled.

They all smiled.

"Then get your weapons ready, we're going bat hunting tonight."

~End of Chapter 2~