Chapter Seventeen : Suspicious Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Nah, that's just Haruki's ability. We don't have that." Chikage said as he plopped one cookie inside his mouth. "He can talk to animals and understand them and stuff. It's pretty cool."

Haruki sweatdropped at Chikage's remarks about his ability while Hiromi hummed, signalling that he understood. While taking care of Haruki's cut, Aimi looked up at him, smiling. "That's amazing! To be honest, I'm pretty envious of your ability..." She said and slowly, her smile turned into an embarrassed one. "I like other animals myself but they tend to stay away from me. Some said that I'm too affectionate and it scares them so I always wished that I could tell them that I just want to love them..."

Haruki laughed. "That's nice of you, Okano-san. But don't worry, if you continue being nice to animals, they'll eventually open up to you." He said. "It's just the same with humans too. Oh, and we're part cat so our chances of befriending other animals had probably increased by 75% so, don't be too worried."

(Y/N) smiled at their conversation as she took hold of her cup of tea. Haruki isn't usually this talkative but whenever someone mentions something about animals, he'll get even more talkative than Natsuki. As she was about to take a sip, something about Hiromi caught her attention.

Hiromi was looking at both Aimi and Haruki, with a somehow serious look. His grip on the tea cup was slightly stronger and bit his bottom lip as he looked down. He had a melancholic look on his face that (Y/N) just can't ignore. However, before she could ask anything to him, he looked back up with a slight smile.

"Ah! Aimi! (Y/N)-san seems to ran out of tea! Can you take her to the kitchen and let her pick what kind of tea she wants to drink!?" Hiromi requested with a suspiciously loud voice.

"Ah, but my tea is not yet-!" (Y/N) was cutted off but Hiromi turned to her and smiled.

"You really look like you're enjoying your tea so it's a pleasure to meet another tea lover~!" Hiromi complimented. "So, I would like to know your favorite kind of tea, so, Aimi! Can you escort her please!?"

Aimi widened her eyes as she turned to Hiromi and looked at (Y/N). Hesitatingly, she nodded. "Um...Okay? I understand..." She said as she smiled at (Y/N). "Let's go, (Y/N)-san! Master's collection of tea is really interesting!"

(Y/N), though hesitant, decided to follow whatever is instructed to her, as she is in another house. "O-Okay...?" She said as Aimi practically dragged her towards the kitchen.

Hiromi waved at them, smiling and sighed in relief. He sat properly and hold his cup of tea. Before he could get a sip of the delicious liquid, Hiromi flinched as he was then greeted by the eyes of the five male cats in the room.

Hiromi blinked and smiled nervously. Shakily, he got his lips on the side of the cup, however, the persistent eyes of the male cats was getting into him. "...Suspicious..." Fuyuko said, like a detective interrogating a suspect. His tail swinging left and right in suspicion.

"Suspicious, indeed." Akito's intimidating voice made Hiromi even more nervous than before. The orange haired crossed his legs and brought the cup of tea near his mouth, smirking. "How about we cut the crap and just spill the beans already? Cats becomes even more mischievous when they don't get what they want, you know?"

**********

"Ah! This! This!" Aimi cheerfully said as she got one of the expensive looking containers in the cup board. "Earl grey tea! Master loves this!"

"You know, when we were just a child, I tried making Master a cup of this tea but then..." Aimi trailed as her cat ears dropped down, signalling something bad happened in that memory. "...I was clumsy so I accidentally dropped the container and it spilled everywhere...Master wasn't happy, of course."