An Unexpexted Greeting...

•~⚜️~•

Misanthropy : a generalised dislike, distrust, disgust, contempt, or hatred of the Human species, Human nature, or society.

He despised humans.

The foul stench invaded his powerful nostrils the moment he stepped from the car.

Tälon, Alpha Théoner's (Thay-on-air's) second in command, scrutinized his leader's exit from the Pack's vehicle...first in confusion and then in alarm, for he did not smell it, Tälon was not affected by the rancid odour as Théoner was.

Only the senses of an Alpha are so highly in-tuned.  Alpha wolves are able to detect scents from an extensively wide range, far greater than any other wolf.  The olfactory organs of an Alpha male are so acute, that it would not matter if a scent was near or far, an Alpha is able to recognise every scent. From the faintest whiff drifting on a lazy breeze to the reek of a rotting creature nearby, an Alpha can identify it, and the pungent smell currently invading Théoner's nasal passages was strong...there was no doubt in the leader's mind what foul, vile creature it belonged to.

Alpha Théoner stood stock-still alongside his Pack members at the end of the ancient cobblestone drive.   Every hair on the leader's body was pricked to attention from the repulsive smell leaching out from the imposing building at his feet.  The towering gates stood armoured before them like two giant sentries protecting the contents concealed within.

Heavy stone doors fortified in iron, leered down on the five men who stood before the entrance. Standing at the base of the massive building, one could be easily fooled into thinking that the structure itself was alive, an ominous beast casting a sinister gaze on anyone who should desire to pass. 

Théoner's men stood casually enjoying the sun on their backs and the stretch in their legs from their long journey over to the Kingdom...all except for their Alpha.   

Alpha Théoner and his Pack, The Reythyra (Ray-thi-ra) Pack, live on the far western borders of the Werewolf Realm, a four day journey away from the Kingdom, the home of the Great Hall, home to The Khurnånnd (Kur-nand) Pack. 

The Kingdom was not quite central within the Werewolf Realm, taking residence on the Fortis Mountain range, it lay to the south east of the Realm's borders. 

In ancient times, the Werewolf Realm was a singular United state with one leader ruling on high but over the many centuries with the number of wolves growing to excessive numbers, fighting from within grew constant.   It was decided that the descendants born from the original wolves, those who carry only the purest of bloodlines, would form their own Packs and so the Werewolf Realm was divided into eleven territories, one for each of the original families to govern.  

The Kingdom however, would remain as the ruling state over all the territories within the Realm, this was agreed upon and the Werewolf Realm has lived in peace ever since.

The western lands, where Théoner and his Pack live, are the most picturesque of all the territories.   It has the perfect combination of rolling hills, charming little valleys and a beautiful coastline with sections of majestic cliffs...a most desirable and welcoming place to live. 

Alpha Théoner is very proud of his ancestral land and ensures its upkeep is maintained by all members of his Pack. 

Théoner runs his Pack with a stern but fair fist.  He came into the position of Alpha as a young wolf, being bestowed with the title after the death of his father. As he has aged, he has proven himself worthy to become a well respected Alpha, a trusted and an intelligent man with good values, who takes his responsibilities seriously.