Could You Love Me {X}

Start from the beginning

"Alfredo or spaghetti?" Axel questioned, arching an eyebrow as he looked at his phone screen, making me laugh.

"Your mom?" I asked, making him nod. "Alfredo."

If there was one thing I had learned about Tammy Dawson, it was that the woman could cook. A bite of her food was like a glimpse of heaven.

That might've been a little dramatic but still, it was good.

Imogen gave me a questioning glance, a small smirk on her face.

"Don't." I glared, making her raise her hands in defense.

"I won't." She replied knowingly. "But looks like you two kissed and made up."

I scoffed, not believing the words that just came out of my best friends mouth. "We didn't kiss and make up."

"Are you sure about that?" She argued, raising her perfectly arched eyebrows at me.

"Yes." I groaned, making her smirk widen.

***

"So you're going to take test tube A and slowly pour it into beaker A." Mr Mosley instructed.

"You can do the honors." Axel said, gesturing towards the equipment, an amused look on his face.

I sighed, sliding the goggles down over my eyes, dumping whatever was in the test tube in the weird smoking liquid, causing it to fizz up and overflow.

Axel erupted into a fit of laughter at my panicking, causing unwanted attention on us.

"Ms Blackwood, I'm assuming you didn't listen to my instructions precisely." Mr Mosley examined as I struggled to clean up the mess, Axel still laughing.

"With all do respect Mr Mosley, I believe there is something wrong with your lab." I replied, causing a few people to laugh.

"Is that s-"

"We'll clean it up Mosley. You can continue with your lesson now." Axel spoke up, a look on his face as if he was daring Mr Mosley to argue.

He just glared, turning back to the demonstration in the front of the class.

"Nice going." Axel mumbled to me, trying to hold back his laughter.

"You know what? You can do the labs from now on." I scoffed, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Better hope your hands don't fall off." He joked, watching as I picked up the paper towels that were saturated by the liquid.

"Looks like you'll be sewing them back on." I retorted, dumping the mess in the trash, making him laugh.

***

"Hi sweet thing." Tammy gushed as Axel and I walked through the door, making Axel smirk.

"Hi mom."

"Not you." Tammy said, pushing him out of the way, hugging me instead.

"Hi." I laughed, hugging her back. "Thank you for inviting me over."