Could You Love Me {VIII}

Start from the beginning

Sitting in deserted kitchens at parties seemed to be my thing.

"Hate to break it to you, but I did." I replied, chucking the bottle in the trash.

"Impressive." He nodded, hopping onto the counter next to me.

"So I've been told." I sighed, rolling my eyes at the thought of Axel.

"What are you doing in here alone?" Dean questioned, leaning against the counter as if he was planning to keep me company.

"I prefer to be alone."

I surprised myself by not slurring my words, which made me concerned. If I wasn't slurring my words then I wasn't drunk enough, and I desperately wanted to be drunk enough.

I hopped off the counter, only to have my knees buckle under me.

"Woah." Dean said, his hands darting out and grabbing my waist, steadying me before I could fall.

I threw my head back laughing, as if it was the funniest thing in the world.

A throat clearing behind us made my laughter come to a halt, turning my head to see who it was, Dean's hands remaining on my waist.

Axel stood in the doorway, watching us. His face looked impassive while his eyes were blazing. I momentarily caught his fist clenching before he walked away, disappearing into the sea of teenagers.

I rolled my eyes at the buzzkill known as Axel, walking to the cooler on the other side of the kitchen. I found a half empty bottle of vodka that I was sure wouldn't be missed if I took it, so I did.

"Please tell me you're not going to drink that." Dean spoke slowly, arching an eyebrow. "It could be roofied."

"I'm not going to drink this, Dean." I recited, popping the cap off and taking a big chug of the thick liquid, tossing the cap onto the floor before leaving the kitchen.

***

It was two in the morning when I decided it was time for me to leave. I couldn't find Imogen and Chase in the mob of teens, and I felt that it'd be awkward if I latched on to Archer or Dean.

I laughed carelessly as I walked down the sidewalk to my car, taking the keys out of my pocket, slightly swaying as I came to a stop, unlocking my car.

I knew good and well I wasn't driving, nor could I, but I needed sleep and a safe place to crash, deciding my car would be the perfect place. I opened my door only to have a large hand slam it shut, making me spin around and almost lose my balance.

"You're not driving." Axel spoke gruffly, taking the keys out of my hand, making me roll my eyes.

Oh, please spare me the caring act.

"Shouldn't you be sucking faces with your blonde barbie?" I muttered before my brain could comprehend, feeling unconventional annoyance at him.

It was the alcohol.

"Shouldn't you be flirting with Dean?" He fired back harshly, making me scoff.

"Give me my keys, Axel."

"No, Oktober."

"What makes you think you can swoop in whenever you want and play hero?" I spat, pushing myself away from him.

"Oh I don't know, maybe that I'm trying to stop something bad from happening to you!" Axel yelled angrily, grabbing my arm and pulling me back.

"Well stop trying to save me!" I snapped, shoving him off of me. "I don't even know why you care!"

"I don't fucking care!" Axel snapped, his expression telling me that he wasn't lying.

I laughed as my eyes started to water involuntarily, making his features slowly relax. I hated crying so I never did it. I took it as a sign of being weak and I wasn't weak, but alcohol didn't seem to care what I was or wasn't, having a mind of its own.

"Let me drive you home." Axel spoken calmly at my silence, his jaw still clenched.

"Thought you didn't fucking care." I reminded him, brushing past him as I walked away.

I heard him release a frustrated sigh behind me, followed by footsteps. I scoffed as he walked beside me, my obvious attempts to ignore him not working.

I stayed silent the rest of the twenty minute walk, feeling a slight sense of deja vu as I stormed up the stairs of my porch, walking into the house and shutting the door wordlessly.

I watched as he waited for second before turning around, walking back in the direction we came from.
Sighing, I fell onto the couch, not feeling energized enough to walk up the stairs. I looked out of the window, watching the clouds cover and uncover the moon, the occasional star twinkling.

I stayed like that for at least twenty minutes, on the verge of falling asleep until headlights flashed through the window briefly, followed by the sound of a door shutting.

I forced my eyes to open, seeing Axel getting out of my car, walking up and setting my keys down on the porch. He turned around slowly, as if he didn't want to leave, walking back down the stairs and into the same direction as before, leaving me in a daze.

***