Tyler's Backstory

TYLER'S POV
"Mom I get it! I need to take the garbage out, clean my room, and start making dinner."
"Are you answering me back," mom said coming closer.
Her breath reeked of alcohol. Ever since Dad was deported back to Italy, mom became a monster.
(Slapped)
I quietly took the garbage and went outside to throw it out.
When I was done, I went back inside and straight to my room. I tidied up my room to the best of my ability and then proceeded to go downstairs. I was too lazy so I took the mac and cheese out and started to make it.
I then took out the leftover chicken from last night and heated it up.
"Tye...," my little sister sobbed entering the kitchen.
"Mom is acting up again. What's wrong with her?"
I hugged my sister tightly and told her that everything was going to be okay.
"You say that everyday!"
"I know. I'm sorry!"
When Holly finished her food, I followed her to to her room and took a book from the bookshelf.
"We read that already. I need more books."
"Tomorrow, I take you to the library."
"You said that yesterday!"
"I will. I promise."
After I read the book, Holly was already asleep. I put the book back and covered her with the blanket and kissed her on her forehead.
I thought to myself "If I ever lose her, I won't survive alone!"
I went to my room and went to sleep.