Side Story: 2

Yixing POV

                The moment my eyes flashed open, I ignored the sudden pain from the sunlight hitting my eyes directly and I sprung out of bed.  My feet made a loud noise on my wooden floors and I prayed my mother will be asleep.  Waiting a few seconds and hearing no yelling, I quickly ran into my bathroom and took a shower.

                All too quickly, I dried myself out and changed, cleaning my face and brushing my teeth.  I made sure I woke up at the butt crack of dawn so I can make sure my plan will succeed.  I wrote a letter to my parents and left it on the dining table, grabbing myself a apple and water before I grabbed my house keys, and hurried on out the door. 

                The cold air stung my skin, but I ignored it and hugged my jacket closer to my body as I made my way down the street to her apartment.  I really wished I could get my driver’s license, but I have to wait until I’m eighteen or until I have a good reason to actually have a car. Sighing, I picked up my pace and walked the hour it takes to the bakery.  It opened exactly at 6:30 in the morning, and they were surprised to see me the moment they opened.  I greeted the owners warmly and asked for my special order, which they received quickly.  I paid, bowed, and left the warm bakery and once again met the bitter cold.  My legs were walking faster than usual, and I really hoped I wouldn’t skid on ice.             

                The moment it felt like my lips were going to freeze and break off my face, I reached the doorstep of her apartment and walked inside, going straight to the elevator.  The front-desks man already memorized me, so he didn’t knock me to the ground and yell for my reason for being here.  Man, that man scared the living ---- out of me.  Not even joking.

                I went to the fifth floor of the apartment and stepped out of the elevator, heading straight to the sixth door on the right.  Sighing, I knocked loudly and heard groaning behind the door.  A smile spread on my face and I waited.  My smile turned a frown and I knocked on the door louder.  There was a shout behind it and I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing.  Behind the door, I heard the dragging of feet and the door unlocked, revealing an irritated yet beautiful girl with bed hair.

                “Happy birthday!” I cheerfully said to her.

                Her eyes narrowed. “You do know it’s only 7:25 in the morning right?”

                “Yes, I do,” she let me in and I took off my shoes, “And I want to celebrate the entire day with you.”

                She sighed and I looked at her, biting my lip. “You don’t want me?”

                “I never said that!” She laughed. “It’s just…early.”

                “That’s because there’s so much I want to do with you today,” I grinned up at her. “My little Hyori is seventeen!”

                “I’m older than you, you idiot.” Hyori laughed and came by me, knocking me on my head.  Her eyes sparkled and even that make my day go from ground zero to cloud nine.  She never smiles, laughs, or does anything but once she does, it’s the most beautiful and flawless sight to see.

                “Let me take a shower and get ready.  I hope you have your wallet packed.”

                “Hyori, honey, I got enough money.” I reassured her in a high pitched voice.  Her musical laughter followed afterwards and I grinned.  My heart was beating at a million beats per minute and I’m sure I’ll die of cardiac arrest soon.  Maybe tomorrow, but not today.