[14]

Ross~

-

-

I feel like today is going to be a day remembered in my High School history.

Today I drop my popularity and destroy my reputation for a girl. But not for just any girl, the first girl I can honestly say I've ever truly loved.

I walk into the hall and pause for a moment.

-

Is this the right thing to do?

-

Is it worth it?

-

Yes Ross. Don't regret not doing it.

I spot Laura by her locker and decide to scare her. I creep behind her and grab her shoulders shouting, "Boo!"

She jolts up and screeches slightly. "You scared me...Ross" she smiles.

I smirk and just admire her for a while. She steps back and blinks rapidly. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful" I reply smoothly. For once a cheesy response doesn't seem cheesy. It seems honest and genuine. I like it.

"You should get on with things. I've got stuff to sort out" and without hesitation she shuts her locker and walks away, books clutched tightly into her chest.

I watch her petit body walk amidst the crowd and smile to myself. I'm lucky to have her, even though I don't have her, because we're just friends. Romantic interests. Yeah, that's better.

I'm approached by Josh and Luke. They have confused and irritated looks on their faces.

"We're you just checking out Laura?"

"You were talking to her?"

"You're cramping our style dude!"

"Explain yourself"

I huff and squint my eyes. "I like Laura. In fact I love her"

My words leave them dumbfounded. Gobsmacked. Any adjective to describe their expressions would suit it perfectly.

"This is a joke right? Tell me it's a joke Ross" Josh interrogates.

"Nope" I reply, popping the 'P'. "She's a better friend than any of you guys are. Actually, were. We're not friends. You're all assholes" I scoff and begin to walk away. I stop in my tracks with my hands stuffed in my jean pockets. Turning around, I laugh breathlessly. "Adios dudes"

"Hey watch your mouth pretty boy. You're messing with the wrong guys" Luke threatens.

"If we're assholes, then so are you, leader of the gang." Josh retorts.

"I am an asshole. With a kind heart. Laura deserves happiness, and that's what I'm gonna give her" I say with pride.

"This isn't finished Lynch"

"Oh yeah, it is"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I guess it wasn't finished" Laura giggles, wiping blood from my nose. She smiles sympathetically. I can see the sorrow in her eyes, but also the love.

"It's all my fault" she frowns.

"Don't you dare blame yourself" I reply with a hand resting on her shoulder. "I don't care what happened. I did it for you. Those guys suck, I'm happier with you"

She blushes and giggles.

"Does that mean we're friends now?" I ask sheepishly.

She bites her lip and leans down to me. Almost about to kiss my lips, she cocks her head to the side and connects her lips with my cheek. "You're an amazing guy, Ross" she whispers, her lips still pressed onto my cheek.

She pulls away slowly, our lips brushing past each other. Our faces are so close that we can feel each other's breaths.

I hold her chin with my thumb and forefinger, and lean up to connect our lips. We sink down so I'm lying on the ground comfortably. The kiss is so soft but fast. Our lips meet a new angle every time they part.

I feel her smile through the kiss and do the same. We finally pull apart but go back for one more small peck.

"That was-"

"Amazing"

I take her hand and sit up. "So, you never answered my question. Are we friends now?"

She chuckles quietly. "Yes. We're friends"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

YES I QUOTED THE FAULT IN OUR STARS.

Yay, good for Ross, he finally ditched his 'friends'!

SO RAURA HAPPENED

Aren't they both being cockblockers, saying they're 'friends'

SO THEY KISSED. I was saving it for later but I thought they should just get it done now!

So sorry it's been a MONTH since the last chapter. I'll update quicker this time, promise :)

Vote, comment and enjoy. Thank you loves💘