Chapter 3

Sann's POV

Sann looked around the tent to observe her surroundings. It was a big tent but not fairly large. It was barren left for a simple cot she was currently sitting on, a wooden stool, a makeshift table by the other side and a bag filled with what appeared to be fabrics.

Sann got up on her feet to get a closer look around. As she took a few steps, she felt a weird tingling feeling beneath her feet.

She looked down and saw the green grass. When Sann had walked over to the human, Christopher, she hadn't realized the feeling but now, it had her whole focus.

Sann crouched down to the ground and extended her hand to the grass. It was soft. She moved her hand through the grass blades and they brushed against her skin. It felt like an assault on her senses.

She had seen everything mortal lands had to offer but still... she hadn't experienced any of it for herself. Just seen it from far away. That's what she remembered. In a flash, a memory came back to her.

She was up in the clouds, her wings wide open behind her back and she was looking down. Forests and green scenery far down below and a small town. Humans were milling about their houses and going on with their daily activities.

Just as soon as the memory had came to her, it was gone. Sann closed her eyes, tried to bring it back and more, but it did not work.

She reopened her eyes and moved to the brown bag by the corner. Sann sat down beside the bag with her legs beneath her. Upon opening the bag, she found a tunic on the very top.

It was a deep red and made out of wool. Sann took it in her hands and held it out. It was big, the garment meant for someone with broad shoulders. She held it on herself and noticed that it was the same height of the white shirt she was currently wearing.

Sann guessed the white shirt on her belonged to the human. She set the red tunic aside and rummaged through the bag. There was a long brown pants, two more white shirts and a paper.

Sann took the paper in her hands and examined it. Upon a closer look, she realised it was a letter. It was addressed to Christopher but before Sann could start reading the letter, someone entered the tent.

She looked up and saw Christoper standing there with garments in his hands. He looked at her and the emptied bag and his belongings spread around it.

Then his eyes found the letter Sann was holding. He set the clothing in his hand on the cot and moved over to her. He took the letter from her hands and asked, "How did you find this?" As he put it back in the bag with the rest of his clothes.

Sann understood she had done something wrong and had clearly offended Christopher in a way. She looked at him and said, "I'm sorry. I was simply curious. If I have done something I shouldn't, please forgive me."

After gathering everything in the bag, Christopher turned his eyes back to Sann and gave a sigh. He looked sorry for reacting like that. "You don't have to be sorry. It's just that... the letter means a lot to me." He said.

Sann nodded her head in understanding. That was an object Christopher treasured. Like most people value their gold and jewellery.

Christopher stood up from his crouched position and held out a hand to Sann to help her up. Sann looked at the hand he was extending her for a moment, not sure what to do, and then placed hers in it. He pulled her up gently to help her stand next to him.