Last Chapter- if i should die before i wake

Start from the beginning

“It’s not fair, I don’t even look like myself. How am I supposed to be with Lee?” she complained.

I lied, I’m going to talk to lee, don’t worry about him.”

I sat her down on the chair, I knew the doctor wasn’t going to be up for a long while. “I’m going to give you money that you can live off of for the rest of your life. So don’t worry about going back to your adoptive parents.” I hugged jess again and whispered sadly, “You won’t remember a thing. Not even me, I’m sorry I wish I could just keep you here.”

Jessica started you tear, “But you can!” Then she started to shout, “What about Nyra and Ilse they aren’t going back to being human?”

I shook my head I knew she wasn’t going to like my answer, “No, they’re supposed to be here.”

“Then I can stay too,” jess demanded.

Why can’t she ever be easy. Things are ever easy “I can’t let you, you were never supposed to be found, and you were never supposed to be a part of his time line again. You were never supposed to be here and I’m sorry for that I really am.”

Jessica cried, “This isn’t fair…”

I sigh and pull the machine over that will turn jess human. “I know…, Jess…, I need to use the fob watch on you. I’m sorry”

“Let her stay mother” Ilse tried arguing with me but she knew Jess couldn’t stay here as well.

I frown Ilse isn’t helping not at all, “You know as well as I do she can’t stay.”

Nyra agreed with me, “Mother is right Ilse. Jessica needs to go.” 

“So what do I look like?” Jessica finally asked giving up.

Nyra replied, “Jessica you’re not going to like this…” 

“Just tell me” I handed Jessica my compact mirror from my pocket.

There was a loud screech, “I’m her! I’m her! I’m Nikki?” She said shocked. I nodded so did Nyra.

Ilse scratched the back of her head, “Yeah…”

Jessica handed me the mirror back, with her new hazel eyes red and puffy. “Okay, please talk to lee tell him what happened. I won’t remember him will I?” she pressed her lips together to and made a thin line between them.

“No you won’t.” I told Jessica bluntly she had a right to know the truth.

“I see,” Jessica sighed, “Can I just say one more thing before I forget.” She put the meachen over her head and put the locket into it as well. It was funny I never learn the name for the meachen. I only knew what it did.

“Anything,” I whispered.

“I love you guys. Mother… tell father I love him as well, I love you two too.” Jessica said tears streaming down her cheeks.

Ilse stepped in and shouted, “It isn’t fair! Mother she can stay we can rewrite time.”

Nyra argued with Ilse “No we can’t Ilse. We can’t rewrite something that has to happen.”

“I know,” Ilse crossed her arms.

River held my hand, “Jessica, I love you so much. You’re going to be a good wife to Lee.”

“Oh god… I’m going to marry my best friend. So last words I guess before I go… tell the doct- dad that I’m sorry. I love him; also I’m going to miss you guys. I really am. Nyra maybe you should give Albert a call I have a strange feeling about him. You my dear sister can do that dummy some good. Ilse you should become a teacher or something. You seem to be good with kids” Jessica spoke to all of us. She sigh taking in deep breaths. 

Ilse nodded, “I think you have the right idea… maybe.”

“Yeah I think I’ll give albert a call” Nyra smirked.

Jessica smiled whipping away her tears almost laughing, “One more thing Nyra.”

“Yeah,” Nyra answered.

“Stop picking on the doctor about him flying the Tardis. Also you got a pretty big attitude, lay off the family with that mouth strangers sure. You really are sweet if you try to show it just a little.”

“You really got the doctors soft sides don’t you.” I told her.

“I don’t know maybe.” Jessica shrugged.

 “Love you Jess,” I told her

“Love you too mother.” She took a deep breath and replied putting her hands to the side she started to mumbled, “I don’t want to do this. I don’t want to do this.”

“I’m sorry…” I breathe as I turn on the machine I could look at what happen next.

************************************************************************************************************

Lees Pov (Short, Short and may I say short POV)

Jess has been missing for three weeks now. Not a phone call or anything it’s like she disappeared off the face of the earth. I miss her. I miss her so damn much. Jess where are you? Our new professor walks in Ms. Ilse, “Good afternoon class, I would like to introduce you to our new student. Nikki Lowe, I hope you guys will make her feel extremely welcome. Nikki, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself.” Nikki walked in shyly with red hair and hazel eyes.

“Umm hi I’m Nikki I just transferred here from being home school. That’s about it.” She said shyly holding her books across her chest and took a seat next to me. She smiles a wondering smile. She looked at me and introduced herself, “hi I’m Nikki you are?” She asked me.

“Leon,” I tried to smile back but I couldn’t help but think about jess.

She studied me for a moment, “is everything okay? You seem kind of depressed.”

“My best friend as gone missing. I haven’t seen her in weeks.” I told Nikki.

Nikki was thinking for a moment, “Well, I would tell you. Don’t put a hold on life for her. Real friends come back somehow someway don’t let your life pass you by. Hey how would I know, I never really had a friend before. This is my first time in school.”