Chapter 10

Jimin's POV

"What have you done, Jimin?" I asked myself in a low voice as I watch the love of my life walk away from me. I can hear the ripping sound of my heart getting torn apart. I brushed my hands against my hair and covered my face using my hands once my tears streamed down. "You made the kindest person in your life cry." I whispered. I wanted to beat myself to death because I know that I deserve it anyway. Mina doesn't deserve to experience this kind of pain. She has done absolutely nothing to be in pain, but I was a douche for hurting her. She doesn't deserve a jerk like me.

I am scared that she will eventually give up on me, so I thought of finding her, but I remember her saying that she wants to rest. I fear the time that she would just want to rest forever because she's tired of our relationship. I wanted to ask her for another chance, but I'm doubting that she would say yes. She's too hurt and it's because of me.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I almost jumped on my place when I saw a tough-looking and muscular guy. He's holding a baseball bat and his friends are behind him, smirking. I felt scared of how they look and acted. "This is our territory." Their leader said, so I apologized right away. I walked away from their 'territory', but I felt someone grabbing the collar of my dress shirt. I stopped from walking and turned my head around. "You're not going anywhere." He smirked and punched me hard on my face.

The next thing I knew is that I let them beat me up. Maybe this is my karma for cheating on Mina. This is what I get for being unfaithful, anyway. I deserve every bruise, wound and scratch on my body. The funny thing is, I don't feel any pain while they're beating me up. I'm too numb to feel any physical pain. Nothing's more painful than to see and hear your love crying because of you.

And then everything went black.

****

Mina's POV

I don't know where should I go after walking away from Jimin. I don't want to go back at the condo for some time. I can't live with Jimin for a while because seeing him makes my heart ache. I just want to rest and think about everything all over again, so I decided to go to the park and sit on the bench.

"Why did you agree to marry him in the first place?" I asked myself and stared at my wedding ring. It was a forced marriage and of course, I can't do anything about it already. My parents would be mad at me if I ever turn Jimin down. You knew his past, Mina. You clearly know that students call him a womanizer, but you didn't believe them. "Because...I love him." I felt my heart flinch a little.

"Why did you still hold on after knowing that he cheated on you?" I asked myself again. Maybe because I thought that he'd change for me. Maybe because I believed that he would stop after seeing me get hurt. There's a lot of "maybe because..." in my head. "Because...I have faith in him and in our relationship."

"Why do you love him?" It's such a simple question, but it's so hard to answer. Why did I choose to love him? What did I see in him? I looked away from my wedding ring and diverted my eyes to somewhere. I went silent and thought of an answer for that question. Of all men, Mina, why did you choose to love a Park Jimin? "Because..." I can't see a reason why do I love him. It's actually hard to put into words, but I just fell for him. I fell for him, not knowing what are the consequences.

I noticed two paper bags beside me. It's the dinner that I bought for the two of us earlier and it's his new phone. Even if he doesn't use a phone, he would still find a way to be with Seulgi. I wondered what is the thing that he saw in Seulgi, that he didn't see in me. I felt like I'm not enough for him, but why is he making me feel like I'm the only woman in his life? How can he possibly make me and Seulgi happy in the same time? How can he fulfill my needs and Seulgi's needs?