Prologue

It's a late Saturday afternoon when Mina woke up from her deep sleep. She stretched her arms out, yawned and leaned her back against the backrest of her bed after sitting. She looked around and caught her alarm clock resting on her bedside table.

It was already 2 o'clock in the afternoon when she looked at the time. Her eyes widened in shock and checked her phone to see if her parents called her.

"Shoot." She whispered when she saw 12 missed calls from her dad, 30 missed calls from her mom and 50 text messages from both of her parents. She threw her phone on her bed and rushed towards the bathroom to take a shower. She didn't have time to fix her bed because she was panicking.

Her parents had informed her that she will be meeting her husband-to-be today, at lunch hour, but she woke up 2 hours after and she needs to rush or else she'll be doomed.

She showered for about 15 minutes and that's the shortest time she has ever showered in her entire life. She fixed herself and put some make up on to look presentable to that man that she'll be meeting. She took her purse and answered her phone that is ringing for about 7 seconds already. It's a call from her mom.

"Mina! Where are you? The Parks are waiting!" She can clearly sense that her mom is boiling mad right now. After all, she made them wait for 2 hours.

"I'm on my way." She uttered while waiting for a cab. After finding a vacant one, she told the driver her destination.

She's nervous. Not because of the arrangement, but because of her parents. She's already 26 years old, yet she's still afraid of them.

She paid the driver, hopped off the cab and entered the restaurant that her dad texted her. She roamed her eyes around the place, finding where they could be, but a waiter escorted her. She was puzzled at first, but she went along with the waiter.

The Parks and her parents stopped from talking when they noticed her. She's trembling and her legs feel like they were made from jelly. Her heart did not stop from pounding quickly. She feels like it will burst out of her chest soon.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you." Mrs. Park stood up to shake her hand with Mina's. She hesitantly took it and smiled in an awkward way. She doesn't know how to answer her since she's very shy and she's also kind of embarrassed for being late.

"Please, have a seat." Mr. Park offered her a seat and she sat down as she continues smiling at them.

She noticed that there's an empty seat in front of her and in between of Mr. and Mrs. Park. Her husband-to-be is not yet there and she somewhat felt relieved and at the same time, pissed. Relieved because she thought that she's making her groom-to-be wait, but at the same time, pissed because she panicked and rushed her morning rituals just to find out that he was not there yet.

"My son went to the washroom for a second. He'll be back soon." Mr. Park said and then a variety of dishes were served. "Let's eat after he gets back." He added.

She felt her stomach grumble. She's not yet eating her breakfast and she's extremely famish, but whenever she thinks that many people waited for her before they could eat their lunch, her mind stops from complaining.

After a little while, she heard the chair's noise and a man sat across her. She gulped and heard her heartbeat race. Is it really him? Am I not dreaming? Jimin is in front of me? She even blinked twice, just to make sure that she's not seeing things because of hunger.

She knew Jimin when they were still in high school because they were on the same batch. Jimin was that girl magnet inside their campus, while she's famous for being a weirdo. Students called her 'Weird Penguin' before because she's weird and she walks like a penguin.

"Jimin, meet Mina. Mina, meet Jimin. You'll be marrying each other soon." Mrs. Park introduced them to each other. Mina stood up and handed her own hand to shake hands with him, but he just looked at it coldly. She took it back, embarrassed and bowed slightly instead.

Jimin did not seem like he's interested about Mina. Yes, he does know her, but he didn't see himself with her in the future. This is far from what he thought of.

Meanwhile, Mina was one of those idiots who likes Jimin. He was the perfect guy any girl could ask for. Well, if he's not a womanizer, he'll be the most perfect guy.

"So, let's start the agreement, shall we?" Mr. Myoui asked and the couple nodded.

****