Chapter Forty Seven: Teach Me How You Look and With What Art

2:47pm

Phone vibrates.

Text Message.

Joaquin:
Dude, I need a favor. You're class is done na, di ba?

Typing reply

Me:
Yeah. A while ago.

Sending reply.

Reply sent.

Phone vibrates.

Joaquin:
I'll pick you up at the back of G-Hall in 10 minutes?

Typing reply.

Me:
Okay. I'm at the bench lang naman.

Sending reply.

Reply sent.

Typing another reply.

Me:
I gotta get back for the 4:30pm call time ha.

Sending reply.

Reply sent.

Phone vibrates.

Text Message.

Joaquin:
Don't worry. I will.

Me: Guys, I gotta go ha. Joaquin's gonna pick me up daw in a few.

I start getting my stuff together while saying my goodbye to Rusky and Caleb.

Rusky: Where are you guys going?

Me: Ewan ko, he didn't say eh.

*Yeah, I never really thought that through. Ano bang favor yon and where are we going?*

Caleb: I'll watch the play later pala ha. Required kami for Lit Class.

Me: You want me to put you on the guest list?

I remember Caleb wasn't able to watch opening night.

Caleb: No na, Sean. Our class bought tickets in bulk na kasi.

Me: Are you sure? Kaya ko pa rin ikaw pa-save ng seats. Just tell me ha.

Caleb: That's okay. I missed na nga your opening night; I won't impose on you.

*What you're going to love about Joaquin's friends is how well-mannered they are. There's not a lot of these guys na magsasabi na hindi nila gusto na ma-abala ka pa. Sometimes I feel na the way they look out for me is ako pa yung abala sa time nila.*

Me: Basta, message me na lang later. I'll get going na.

I get up and turn right to the direction of the college chapel. When I get to the end of the corridor in front of the college cafeteria, I make another right to where the entrance of the college chapel is. I still have some time para mag-pray. I open the chapel door and enter. I say a short prayer and make my way out.

As soon as I step out of the chapel doors, napalingon ako sa portal ng G-Hall and Joaquin's SUV pulls in just in time. I rush towards it.

The right front passenger window rolls down.

And nothing could have prepared me for this

Nerissa: Hi Sean! Can you come with us?

Me: Hi Nerissa...

*Why the f$ck are you at my seat? And girl, that smile of yours is scaring me.*

_ _ _

*Dear Gay Bathalas,