Chapter 4

Abigail pov:

I sit down at an abandoned lunch table and spread out my books. I don't bother eating lunch, I feel so sick I might throw it up. I don't have what you say as a common stomach ach. I know why I feel like this, I helped a good person. Sure it feels great and like I have a purpose but it always comes back to bite me. I can't remember who I healed. It just seems to happen. I dream of a face and she takes over, sometimes it does good to them, and sometimes it can kill. I only know when I wake up but for some reason I can't remember this one. I only know what my body is telling me, that whomever I healed is a hero. To heal a hero takes much power since there heart is protected from "magic". While I'm here I might as well do homework.

Just as I'm about to open my math book two boys sit with trays right in front of me. I can feel my eyes start to burn. I quickly look down and start packing my things, one of them is not human. I can smell it. The pale boy, Stiles I think, reaches out to one of my books and holds it down. "I'm sorry about taking your table. I'll move." I say before snatching my book back and stand to walk away. The funny smelling one stands, "No don't leave. We thought you might want somebody to sit next to since you're new. Please sit down we just want talk." I sigh and sit down. What's the harm right? The boy smiles to me and returns to his seat, "So your name is Abigail right?" I nod my head. Hair falls in front of my eyes and I push it back. The Stiles guy is just staring at me while the other is looking at his plate. "So is your hair natural or do you dye it?" Stiles abruptly asks. I roll my eyes and sass back, "I don't know... does your hair ever grow maroon?" The other boy laughs and Stiles looks over at him with a scowl.

"My name is Scott by the way and this boy here is Stiles as you probably already know from class." Just at the sound of his voice my eyes start to burn again. I'm not saying it feels as though I'm going to cry, it's more like a fire in my head. I know my eyes must be changing. How the hell is this happening? This only happens when I lose control. It must be because of Scott. I can feel power radiating off him. I look down do he can't see my face. "So we wanted to know if you have had strange things happen to you. Like getting aggressive during a full moon. Or being able to smell things you shouldn't? Or-" Scott looks over at his friend in horror and cuts him off, "Stiles stop it." These boys must be stupid thinking they know everything.

The cafeteria starts to dim. I quickly glance outside. A storm is approaching fast. Thunder and lightning flash and boom in the sky making Scott jump. I concentrate on counting to ten until I can't feel the fire. "Are you ok Abigail?" Stiles reaches over and touches my shoulder. I pull out of reach before looking up, "Ya I'm fine, I-I just got this feeling. I don't like storms.I'm fine now." I give a half smile. In all honesty I love storms, the feeling of electricity in the air and the power it brings with it.

Scott's pov:

I can't put my finger on it but I know there is something going on with her. When she looks down I swear her eyes darken to a deep red. Not like mine but almost the color of drying blood. I need to know what she is but I don't want to scare her. Or if I'm wrong that would be very embarrassing for me and potentially harmful to her. I realize Stiles is almost drooling while staring her but she isn't even paying attention. I feel a small flame of jealousy before smothering it into smoke.

"So what brought you to Beacon Hills?" I snap both of them out of their trances. Abigail looks taken aback by my simple question. Her heart beat speeds up and then falls back to normal. "Oh um, family reasons," her heart rate rose again as she said family and I could smell depression coming off her. I feel bad for asking the question. It must be hard whatever is affecting her. Stiles speaks up, "You know your eyes are really pretty." Abigail blushes but before she could say anything the bell rings signaling the end of lunch. She jumps up and practically runs out of the cafeteria. Stiles still looks dazed. I had the sudden urge to punch someone.

"So what do you think she is?" I ask Stiles as I stand and exit the room with him wheeling next to me. "I don't know but whatever she is she's hot." I roll my eyes. "Seriously Stiles. I don't think she is human." Stiles and I stop at his locker. Since his locker is on the top I help hand him his books. "Hey can I come over I still need to tell you something." I agree but then remember I have plans with Kira tonight. Oh well, we can miss one date night. Right?

*later in the night*

Let's just say that I was wrong. Kira was furious to say the least. We fought, and I'm not saying she only screamed at me and told me off... she full on attacked me with her sword and Kitsune blazing. She about killed me before her mom appeared in her room and got her to change back. I don't know when is the next time I will she her. She told me we were over and to not contact her. I want to be angry at Stiles but I can't bring myself to. I should've tried harder to be a good boyfriend

I'm ripped out of my thoughts when my phone starts buzzing. Stiles is outside and can't get up the steps. I jump out my window and see Stiles out of his wheelchair just laying on the ground. "What did you do?" I stand over Stiles and he glares up at me. "Well you know the ground looked so comfy I thought I would take a nap." He crosses his arms. He look unamused. I can't help but laugh at him making his scowl change to a smile before completely losing it in a fit of laughter. "I've missed you." I say and lean down to pick him up. He lets me carry him up the steps and to my room but is not happy about it at all. I feel so bad for him. I run back out and grab his chair but I don't bother taking it upstairs.

"So," I break the silence, I am sitting in my chair and him on the bed. I wait for him to start talking.

Stiles pov:

"You never got to tell me what you felt during lunch about Abigail." I speak up after realizing Scott was waiting for me. I don't know what came over me at the table. I mean Abigail is really pretty but I didn't know I could actually use words and tell her. Scott leans forward and gets that face that looks like he is trying to move something with his mind. "I don't know. I saw her eyes again at lunch. They are dark red but not like mine. It was like the color of drying blood. I also think I smelled something burning. The only time her heart jumped is when she was talking about her moving here because of her family." Blood red? I will have to do some research. I don't think I've ever heard of something with eyes like that. "I could probably sneak into the admissions office and get her file. See where she transferred from and who her parents are." Scott looks at me and then at my leg. I almost forgot, how am I supposed to be sneaky when I can't even really open a door by myself. "I don't think that would be the greatest thing to do." Thanks Scott, didn't notice i'm disabled.

"Anyway off the topic of her, I spoke to Argent about the hunter. He said that the hunter is not alone, that there is another family line of hunters that dates back farther than the Argents." There is an entire family of them? "So how come we have never heard of them?" Scott almost looks scared. "Well about 700 years ago the family disappeared. They have shown up from time to time but are impossible to track down. Argent said that they battled this Greek witch god or something and after that there family just kinda died out because of a curse. Apparently the hunter we saw is a direct descendent and only survivor of the family." This is perfect. Some family is coming after us and we don't even know who they are. "Did he give you a name?" I leaned in closer and almost fell off the bed. Like always Scott basically teleported and caught me. I feel so defenseless and fragile now a days. Scott continues, "All he said was last he heard they were going by Nigrum. I think he said it was Latin. They kill anything connected to the supernatural. Even if they are human."