Disney series: Nightwing - I'll make a man out of you

This was requested by my friend MusicNerd52201 :)

Today is my first day of training. I just recently joined the Young Justice team as (S/h/n). I definitely knew how to beat the crap out of someone, but I still had a lot to learn.

Training with me today was Nightwing, Blue Beetle, Impulse, and Beast Boy. I was the only girl in training, and I was determined to do better than the others.

I took place on the platform and stood across from Nightwing. Without a word to each other, we quickly shifted into fighting stances and waited for the other to make a move.

Being the show off I try to be, I charged at Nightwing, taking the first shot. It didn't end well. Nightwing was quick to sidestep and kick my legs out from under me. As soon as my back hit the floor, my failure was announced. I groaned and rubbed my head as I got up and left the platform.

Next was Blue Beetle, and he hadn't fared any better than I had. None of us had. We weren't even remotely close to beating him.

“At this rate, you won't be able to take down any villains if you can't beat me.” He clapped his hands together and said, “Again!” We groaned in unison. Our breathing was ragged, and all of us were sweaty.

Hours seemed like years when you're being beat to a pulp by your instructor. I'm pretty sure everyone’s pride was just as damaged.

“Alright, everyone take five.” Five? I was gonna need a week to shake this off! How was I not dead? I feel dead. The water bottle in my hand wasn't nearly enough to hydrate me in my opinion.

“How are we supposed to beat Nightwing?” Beast Boy exclaimed. “He was trained by the frickin’ Batman!”

“Yeah, no kidding,” Blue Beetle chimed in. “He's definitely one tough hombre, that's for sure.”

I sighed in frustration. “How does he expect us to defeat him when he's had years of training?”

“I don't.” All four of us froze. Crap. Nightwing took a seat in front of us. “If anything, I'm expecting you to fail.” That definitely didn't lift our spirits any.

“Yeah, thanks,” I mumbled.

“However," Nightwing interjected. “That's exactly how you're all gonna improve. I've already picked up your weaknesses and strengths. Now all we have to do is work on them.”

I couldn't help my smile. He was right. To succeed, first we had to fail. What was it Nightwing liked to say? “You'll never know if you can fly if you never take the risk of falling.” Nightwing smiled and nodded.

“Exactly. Nice call-back, (Y/n).” He pulled himself off the floor and readied himself on the platform once again.

“Who's up first?”