Chapter 20 • Memories

Dark's POV

One day, Ethan brought a giant box of stuff to my apartment. "I've been gathering all this stuff together. Knock yourself out with everything in there, it might help you feel a little better. That kind of stuff makes me feel better about my loss. I'm going out to get lunch, I'll bring you back some. Bye." I nodded as he walked out the door.

As soon as the door was shut, I jumped up and opened the box as quickly as possible. I pulled it open and rummaged through everything in it. I found a little CD, so I grabbed my radio player and put it in, pressing play and waiting.

It was Anti's voice, singing 'Hey, Soul Sister.'

I smiled. This actually felt good, it softened the aching pain in my heart. His voice was so beautiful, I remember him singing this by himself in a room when I asked if he could sing something for me. He recorded it and sent it to me, after editing in some background music.

I looked back into the box and found a small pile of pictures. I pulled them out. This is what each of them were:
- A picture of me and him when he was five and I was eight. We were best friends. We even had our wings in it.
- A picture a photographer took for us while he and I were sitting on our special branch. Gorgeous.
- A picture of when we were heading to the twin stones, two towers with a rock in the middle. He stole my camera and took a selfie with me in the background.

I gazed down at the last one, enjoying the previous ones. My smile quickly faded. It was when Jack was on a hunt for the hidden fairy city, he took a picture. He didn't notice Anti and I in the air. Anti was falling to the ground, green oozing off his back. And I was flying away, in the middle of throwing down two emerald wings.

And then there was a picture on the back. It was zoomed in on me flying away, and the picture was titled, 'I actually caught a fairy on camera!' I giggled sadly.

Ethan walked back in the door. "You enjoying your presents?" "I was." He chuckled, walking over and sitting next to me. "Here." He said, taking out a small glass bottle with some tiny green thing inside of it. It looked like paper.

"What's this?" "The last remanent of Anti's Wings. Beautiful, isn't it?" "Yeah. Very." I said, smiling down at it. I still couldn't believe that I had to take away such a blessing from him. He must've been heartbroken.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

HEY GUYS HOPE U ENJOYED

YA

- Kayla