5.

"Zayn," I whispered, poking his arm. He was asleep, on top of me, and it was rather painful. 

"Zayn," I hissed, loud enough for him to stir a little bit. "For fuck's sake!" I mumbled, pushing at his arm. I pushed at it again and suddenly Zayn was on the floor. 

"What the hell?" He groaned, rubbing his forehead. Laughter bubbled out of me. I brought my hand to my mouth, trying to keep in the sound. 

"Sorry," I said in between my fits of laughter. Zayn shot me a glare from the floor. If looks could kill I would be long gone. 

"Why did you push me to the floor?" He asked, taking a seat in the chair that was next to me. He put his elbows on the bed and grabbed my hands in his, leaving a soft kiss to them. 

"You were lying on top of me and it hurt," I told him. I was afraid he would get angry with me for both pushing him to the floor and waking him up. He hated being woken up. 

"I'm sorry I was hurting you," he said. I nodded at him. "But you could have just asked me to move, not push me to the floor." 

"I didn't mean for you to end up at the floor. I just wanted to move you." I explained to him. The look he gave me held emotions I didn't understand. 

"Why didn't you just ask me to move, though?" He asked, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles. The motion gave me a soothing feeling of security. It was rare I felt like this around Zayn. 

"You hate being woken up," I said, biting my lip. The few times I had, although it was on accident, woken him up, it didn't go well. 

I slowly and carefully grabbed Zayn's arm, lifting it from my body. I held it up and slipped under it, replacing my body with a pillow. I put his arm down again, standing up completely. I froze like ice when I heard him grumble, standing still for about a minute to reassure myself he was still asleep. 

Slowly, I tip-toed out of our room, dodging the places I knew would creek. In my mind I was doing a silent prayer that Zayn would not wake up. 

I made my way down the stairs by sitting on the railing. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, filling it with water from the fridge. I brought the glass up to my lips and started drinking. I cleaned everything up after me and silently thanked God for listening to my prayers. 

"Lisa?"  I guess I spoke too soon. "What the hell are you doing up?" Zayn asked, walking into the room. I watched him rub his eyes and run his hands through his hair.

"I w-was just g-getting some w-water," I stuttered. I wanted to tell him it was morning but I would get so much more trouble when he found out that it wasn't.

 "At three am?" He grumbled. I nodded. I watched his lips as his tongue slithered out to wet them. As soon as his tongue was inside his mouth again he tightened it into a tight line, his sleepy eyes shooting daggers at me.

"I was t-thirsty," I explained. My nerves was getting the best of me. I tried to compose myself, knowing how much Zayn hated it when I stuttered.

"You remember how much I hate being woken up right?" He questioned. I nodded, muttering an apology.

"Look, I'm fucking tired, so let's just go back to bed okay?" He suggested. I was taken aback by his words but didn't protest. I expected to at least get a slap. 

"Okay," I said and followed him up the stairs and into our room. Zayn walked behind me and turned off the light before wrapping his arms around me from behind. I gave him a small smile and he kissed my cheek. His behaviour was weird but I didn't dare comment on it. 

"I love you," Zayn whispered before he made us both fall into the bed. A small giggle escaped my mouth before we cuddled up against each other.  

"Get up, bitch!" Zayn yelled, grabbing my foot. His nails was digging into my skin as he pulled at my leg, making me fall to the floor. I groaned as my back hit the hard wood, a small crack emerging. 

"Zayn, what the hell?" I screamed at him. He pulled at my foot again, dragging me so that I was now laying underneath him. He got on top of me and grabbed my arms, placing them under his feet. 

"Don't like being woken up this way, aye?" He asked, inching his face to mine. 

"I thought you said you were okay with it?" I questioned, trying to bring his attention away from beating me. 

"I never said that." He stated. "Stop twisting my words!" He suddenly shouted, his hand retreating and coming in contact with my face. A yelp of pain, along with a tear, escaped me at the contact.

"You should have learned by now that waking me up is a bad thing!" He screamed at me. His fist grabbed a hold of my hair and pulled. while the other dragged his nails down my chest. 

"Please stop!" I screamed at him, tears and sobs escaping me non-stop. Zayn hated when I cried but the pain along with the fear became too much for me. I couldn't handle this anymore. 

Zayn's fist's continued to harm me as I laid there, letting myself drift away into paradise. I lost myself in my mind and forgot all about pain and fear. 

"Lisa?" Zayn asked, waving his hand before my eyes. I blinked a few times and he put his hand on my face. I tried to hide my flinching and he pretended not to notice. 

"What?" I yawned, stretching out my body as much as I could without ripping up my stitches. 

"What were you thinking about?" He asked. I contemplated on telling him but decided not to. "Nothing," I lied. 

"You sure?" Zayn pushed. I nodded and he sighed, deciding not to push it any further. 

"I love you," he said. "And I'm sorry." 

"I know." I breathed and laid down under the covers again. I scooted close to the edge and held the material up. "Let's go to sleep," I told him. 

"Goodnight," Zayn said, laying down beside me. He brought his arms around my body, careful not to touch anywhere near my wound, and kissed my forehead. 

"Goodnight," I mumbled, burying my face in his neck and closing my eyes, drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

(Can I get 11 votes and 6 comments for next chapter?)