Could You Love Me {II}

Start from the beginning

"You can finish that on your own. I'm guessing you're not that unintelligent."

The fact that he was skipping the last class of the day to go illegally race was utterly stupid. Not to mention his insult made me not want to do a single thing for him, except give him a good punch.

"You can't be serious." I deadpanned, glaring at him.

"Do I look like i'm joking princess?"

I scoffed, looking to Chase for help, who shrugged with wide eyes in return.

"Yeah sure, ditch me, your girlfriend, for some asshole and the track." Imogen muttered.

"Oh Imogen, I'll try not to take that to heart." Axel smirked, holding his large hand to his heart.

That is, if he even had one.

"And I'll try not to break your arm if you stay here a second longer." She retorted, glaring at him.

"I love you." Chase stated, a hesitant look on his face.

"Fuck off." Was her response, making me laugh.

Both of them walked away and Imogen groaned.

"Remind me why you ever allowed me to get a boyfriend in the first place."

***

"Oh you're going out tonight." Kate announced as I walked down the stairs. "I was just getting ready to make you something to eat."

"I'm fine Kate." I assured, sliding my phone in my back pocket. "Don't wait up."

I didn't wait for her response as I walked out of the front door, letting it slam behind me.

Imogen lived about five minutes from me by car and only ten minutes walking distance, so I decided to take the walking route.

I played it safe, knowing well I was going to enter a very drunken stupor.

By the time I got to her house the party was already in full motion. I could hear the music thumping all the way down the street, not to mention seeing the flashing of the fluorescent lights.

"Hey! The parties here bitches!" Imogen hollered, sloppily throwing her arms around me, making everyone cheer.

"Oktober!" Someone wolf whistled, causing me to throw a flirtatious wink.

I was feeling generous.

"I reserved this just for you, my dear best friend." Imogen yelled over the music, handing me a small bottle of vodka.

"Oh, you know me so well." I smiled, making her roll her eyes.

"I'm gonna go find Chase. He needs to do some hardcore making up to me." She smirked, moving her hips suggestively.

"Gonna pretend I didn't hear that." I replied as I pushed through the crowd of people.

I ended up in the deserted kitchen, hopping onto the counter which was vibrating from the thumping music. The familiar burning sensation that I knew all too well formed in the back of throat as I downed the thick liquid.