Could You Love Me {I}

Start from the beginning

"Oktober! Decided to get rid of the fake blonde?"

Taylor Blake, the cliché queen bitch of the school. She was no different then the ones in the movies, the exact same actually. Only at the end of our story, she won't apologize for how rude she was and hope to be friends. She'll carry on getting her face lifts, nose jobs, and breasts implants for as long as her daddy lets her.

She dropped my newly dyed black hair that was my natural color out of her hand, placing it onto her hip.

"Yeah! When are you going to?" I questioned just as enthused, making her devilish smirk drop.

"Listen, I just want to let you know that this year is my year. Don't get in the way of it." She growled, taking a step closer in an attempt to intimidate me.

"Shouldn't you be waving some pom poms or something? Singing your little cheers?" Imogen butted in, a bored expression on her face.

"Bite me." Taylor scoffed, rolling her blue contact eyes.

"Tempting, but I'm allergic to plastic." Imogen smiled, forcing me to hold back my laughter. "Bye bye." She drawled out sarcastically, waving as Taylor stormed away.

"Not even twenty minutes into the first day." I sighed, shutting my locker. "Imagine lasting another whole year with that."

"She's all bark and no bite, we both know that." Imogen grinned, nudging my shoulder.

***

"Welcome back, seniors. This year I will be pairing you up with one partner who will remain your partner for the remainder of the year." Mr Mosely grounded out.

Chemistry was definitely on my shit list for the semester, already knowing how it was going to pan out.

"If you could please look to the person sitting next to you, that is your partner. Take these next five minutes to get to know each other." Mr Mosely finished, sitting back down at his desk.

"Hi, I'm Oktober, nice to meet you." I spoke sarcastically, to the empty stool next to me.

Luckily no one heard me.

Of course I'd be the odd number of the class and not have a partner, just my luck.

The door to classroom swung open, boots hitting the ground catching my attention.

Just. My. Luck.

"Mr Dawson, nice of you to join us. You will be seated with ..." Mr Mosely announced, looking around the classroom for an open seat.

I kept my head down in hopes that he wouldn't see me.

"Ah, Ms Blackwood. You two will be partners for the semester. Get to know each other." Mr Mosely ordered, his extended hand pointing to me.

"Oktober." He stated, a bored look on his face like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Oh if it isn't the infamous bad boy of Lakewood.

"Axel." I replied in the same tone, not looking up from the chemistry book sprawled out in front of me.

I never particularly liked Axel during anytime of our high school experience, simply because he basked in the attention from the female population with his bad boy act that I believed was shallow. In return, Axel didn't like me for reasons I wasn't privy to.

Potentially because I didn't fall to his feet like every other desperate girl in Lakewood.

I was practically immune to his godly looks.

We stayed silent the remainder of the class, doing the lab without saying a word to each other.

Boy was this going to be a fun year.

"No way." Imogen gasped as I told her about the uneventful chemistry class.

"Yes way. I'm thinking about dropping it."

"Oh come on, Axel isn't even that bad." Chase butted in, making me narrow my eyes at him.

"And you know this how?"

"We're friends." He shrugged, making Imogen look up at him.

"Since when?"

"Since I don't know, forever." Chase laughed, making Imogen's face scrunch up in confusion.

"Well I don't care about your little boy crush, I'm asking to switch partners." I dismissed, getting into my car.

"Stubborn as always." Chase sighed, his classic pretty boy smile on his face.

"Would it be me if I wasn't?" I challenged, waving at Imogen before speeding off.

***

A/N: Hi old readers! And new :)!

As you can tell if you've read this book already, i'm keeping the gist pretty much the same, just tweaking grammar and spelling errors, but also some of how the plot is laid out.

Anyways, thank your for reading! Feel free to leave a comment or vote, or both!

Catch ya next time,
-MT