Prologue

"Nura and Enitan, you guys should be fast in that bathroom now. Or should I bring your beds to you so you can kuku sleep there? I don't want to be late for morning class abeg. You guys know how Akisa can be these days," complained Bobola who was already getting ticked off.

They were six in a room and they had to share one bathroom which could only contain two people comfortably.

"Babe chill out jor ah. Abi somebody should not bath very well ni," ever responsive Enitan replied.

"You people should sha be fast before person will chop unnecessary insult from that stupid bald man that calls himself the principal."

Moroun's annoying laughter began to "make waves" in the room, "Bobola is on no-chill pills today o. But seriously Nura and Enitan, you guys should endeavour to hasten up."

Aramide who already had her bath was busy singing PSY's Gangnam Style and dancing to her own voice while getting ready for class. She wasn't in the mood to talk much that morning. She looked at Priye and observed her unusual gentleness,"Priye,this one that you are quiet this morning. I hope you did not see Bobola in your dream because she's the only one that terrorizes you in reality," she asked jokingly.

Bobola was quick to defend herself, "Aramide haba now. I don't like it. You're making it seem like I'm a bully."

"Bobola you know I was only joking. Ma binu."

Priye found her voice all of a sudden, "Nothing is wrong with me, I'm just not in the mood to talk."

Aramide shrugged because they all knew Priye wakes up on some mornings and decides to be moody for the rest of the day. She continued to sing her Gangnam song. Before she knew it the rest of her roommates were singing and dancing along too, even moody Priye was humming to the song.

Then,the show spoiler who happened to be their house mistress shouted from downstairs," You people should be fast before I come and meet you there o. I'll lock up anybody that isn't ready when I am. And Bobola you'd better stop that lousy singing."

Bobola raised her brows in annoyance and shouted back, "Ms.wemimo I wasn't the only one singing," as she dragged the word "singing", "Everytime it's only Bobola they will see, mtchew."

Bobola did not let "Short Woman Devil",as they called her, ruin her mood. They all continued with their singing and dancing and ignored the house mistress."

All of a sudden Enitan and Nura started screaming in the bathroom.

Moroun rubbed the bridge of her nose impatiently, "Eehh eh! You guys have started again. Stop screaming unnecessarily jor."

But they both didn't respond which was quite unusual. Instead, they screamed even louder. The rest of them in the room rushed towards the bathroom and saw the bulbs and asbestos ceiling shaking violently.  Enitan and Nura almost grew wings as they sped out of the bathroom. Then it happened so fast; a body clothed in red fell from the ceiling. They all screamed this time and began to grab whatever they could find to cover themselves as they rushed towards the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Translations

Mabinu: I'm sorry

Abeg : please

Kuku:  just 

Guys,tell me what you think please. I hope this isn't too much for a prologue. By the way this story is based on a Nigerian setting, so some words there are just stuff Nigerians say when speaking. You can ask me in the comments if you need an interpretation.
Bobola means a child who was born to meet wealth.
Enitan means a person of history.
Moroun is short for Morounoluwa, which means I have seen the things of God.
Nura is an Arabic name..so I'm not too sure of the meaning.
Priye is a nigerian name too but I'm not too sure of what it means,so kindly help if u do😊.
Aramide means my people have arrived.😅 it's kinda amusing but its meaningful if u understand the yoruba language.