"So what's the deal with you and Marshall?" Mya asked as she twirled a piece of her hair around her fingers. Archie was listening now too.

"That kid from the party?" Archie asked me and I nodded while blushing.

"Yeah. The cute one. He goes to our school, but he's always with her." Mya spat as she glared at me like that was wrong. I put my hand behind my back and looked down at the ground.

"So you and that Marshall kid tight?" Archie asked me. I looked up at him and shook my head.

"No, we're just friends." I said and Mya scoffed.

"Please, like anyone would want to be friends with you!" Mya said crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at me. Archie glared at her and I felt my eyes glaze over.

"Stop being such a little bitch Mya, fuck you're annoying." Archie said pinching the bridge of his nose. Mya's face dropped and her jaw was almost on the floor. I glanced at the time and saw that my shift was officially done.

I stormed off and into the bathroom to change out of my clothes. I wiped my eyes and then headed back to the kitchen to clock out and grab my bag. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw someone standing in the kitchen with their hood pulled over their head.

"There she is." Archie smiled and nodded to me. The person turned and I could see who it was.

"Marshall?" Both Mya and I said in unison. I turned to see her standing a little behind me. She was glaring at me with such hatred and I honestly don't know what I ever did to her.

"What are you doing here Marshall?" Mya asked shoving me aside as she stepped up to Marshall. I glared at her and Archie shook his head. Marshall's eyes widened as she placed her hand on his arm.

"Uh I came to walk Kylie home." He said awkwardly as he pushed her hand away.

"What do you see in that worthless waste of space anyway?" Mya turned to glare at me with her arms crossed. "She just a fucking no body anyway." She smirked and I felt my eyes water again. I turned around and left the restaurant as the tears started to run down my cheeks.

"Ky! Ky wait up!" I ignored Marshall's calls as I walked out into the chilly night air. "KYLIE for fuck's sake's! Will you stop?!" He commanded as he set his hands on my shoulders. I stopped and closed my eyes as I let my head drop.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and then sniffled.

"Hey Ky, don't cry." Marshall cooed as he came to stand in front of me. "Why're ya crying Ky?"

"Didn't you hear what she said? I don't know what I ever did to make her hate me so much." I said wiping my eyes with my hands.

"Forget what she said. Come here." He said and pulled me in to him for a hug. I put my arms around his middle and rested my head on his chest.

"Thanks Marshall." I smiled slightly and he gave me one last squeeze.

"Hey, what are best friends for?" He asked as he let go of me. I shivered and wished I wore a hoodie today. I always do, but I wore long sleeves today and wearing a hoodie over that would be too much. "Here." Marshall said and handed me his hoodie.

"You'll be cold then." I said shaking my head. He glared at me and grabbed my back pack from me, set it down beside me and pulled the hoodie over my head. It was way too big for me but I smiled and put my arms through. "Thank's Marshall." He shrugged and then slung my backpack over his shoulder.

"Come on, let's go." He said and nodded to the sidewalk.

"Wait, how did you know what time I finished and where I worked?" I asked as I stopped mid step. He turned and looked at me a little annoyed.