End of War

Caesar grabbed a belt full of guns as he lets his hand release my hand and gripped my waist before we jumped.

Caesar and I grabbed the burning flag hanging on the balcony and we landed safely on the ground.

I swung on Caesar's back as he ran towards the tank with bullets heading our way.

I held back a hiss of pain when my side began to throb.

Just a little more!

I felt a jolt of fear come to me when missiles sailed and landed towards us. I gripped Caesar tight and sighed with relief when we managed to make it out alive.

Caesar continued running when uneasiness settled through me.

Something's wrong...

I abruptly pulled Caesar to the right and we both managed to miss an oncoming arrow but it grazed my hand and because my side was in pain, I yelped and hissed in pain.

Caesar's POV

When I felt Kira hiss in pain and saw the arrow that could have hit us I snarled and shielded her as a man that I remembered as one of the soldiers that took down one of our posts.

He raised his weapon and I pressed myself closer to Kira. She gripped my fur and buried her face into my chest.

The man looked like he was contemplating on either shooting is or leaving us alone.

Before he could decide something a well aimed missile shot him and blew him up to pieces.

I turned to see Donkey holding a canon and to my horror, he was shot by his comrades on the head.

"Caesar, the bomb!" Kira hastily signed as the soldiers on the wall turned their weapons on us.

I grabbed one grenade and while Kira was on my side, I threw the bomb and shielded Kira as it exploded, immediately killing the soldiers near it.

Kira's POV

I felt heat grow through my face as the bomb went off "its about to destroy the entire place!" I signed and I grabbed Caesar's hand and we both ran towards the gaping hole that leads straight to the tunnel.

I slid down first before Caesar followed. The walls on the tunnel shook and for a second, I panicked because suddenly I couldn't remember where the exit was when Caesar gripped my hand reassuringly and I smiled at him.

I lead him out and for a moment we waited as we heard nothing but guns blaring and people screaming when all was silent.

"I'll go out first" Caesar signed and he climbed up. I grinned then frowned when I looked to my side and saw a huge blotch of blood.

How long had I endured it?

I felt sick and dizzy and I decided to follow Caesar to ignore the pain.

I saw him staring at the wreckage of the base and I couldn't help but make a gasp.

Sometimes, my mouth is gonna send me to my early grave.

Both of us tensed when the men wearing white suites slowly raised their guns towards us.

Great...