Rescue

Morning came and we were busy planning out the escape route. It would seem that each tunnel leads directly to each cell.

"You got the paces yet?" I signed to Maurice while he was busy looking through the scope. He suddenly grinned and turned to me "Got It!"

"Caesar's not showing the I give up face?" I raised a brow at this and Maurice laughed "whatever you two rascals did yesterday night surely brought his fire back"

I grinned, pleased with this information. I grabbed Bad Ape's hand and shoved him down the tunnel. He gave a small squeak while Maurice made noises of amusement at my enthusiastic face.

"Alright gentleapes, let's get those apes out!"

***

As Maurice handed us the coordinates and we worked nonstop.

Nova took charge in giving us refreshments and she was happily doing her job well.

"Kira" she suddenly signed. I stopped my digging and turned to her.

"Me...Nova?" I nodded "Nova...bright star of the darkened sky" she smiled and I smiled at her and proceeded to do my digging while Nova went to Maurice digging an escape tunnel for the adults while I deal with the kids.

But then once I took a rock out, water began to rapidly gush out and I panicked.

Oh No!

Bad Ape came to me and saw the situation and immediately alerted Maurice.

I went out as Maurice and Nova came and saw the water flowing in. Maurice immediately sealed the tunnel before more water comes in.

"Now how'll we'll get the kids out?" I bit my lip with worry when I remembered Cornelius and my promise to return to him.

I am bloody keeping that promise no matter what is takes.

I climbed out of the tunnel and looked at the apes, wondering if there was anyone available to send my message to Caesar.

I saw Rocket and I wildly waved my hands to him. He saw me and I immediately signed "Tunnel to children is filled with water. Need to get them from above"

He nodded and began to work before any of the men or ape noticed him not working.

I smiled and went back underground and saw Maurice kneeling down and Bad Ape taking small steps back.

"No!" Bad Ape stubbornly answered and I knew Maurice wanted him to go up.

Maurice roared which surprised me since the orangutan usually keeps his cool.

"Come on Bad Ape, be an ape and help us!" Bad Ape sighed and started to climb. I squinted my eyes when I saw Bad Ape reach out his hand to meet another ape's hand.