"Dating" Jesus

Many girls say that they're "dating" Jesus. Some call themselves the 'bride of Christ'. 

However, there are many problems with this, three of which are:

1. Jesus is our SAVIOR

2. The Church is THE Bride of Christ.

3. Jesus is way out of our league because He is PERFECT.  

 More issues with this are listed in this Blimey Cow video:

As Jamie Grace said in her video, 'Jesus is Not Your Boyfriend' (which I am not putting on here because it is extremely long and doesn't talk about the topic throughout the course of it), "My Father is the King. My Father is the Lord... He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, and He is too good, too mighty, and too amazing to be given a title as little as a 'boyfriend'. Jesus is not your boyfriend. 

"If Jesus was your boyfriend, that would mean when you get a physical boyfriend you'd have to break up with Jesus. I'm not trying to break up with Jesus over hear, so let's get that whole imagery out of our head that 'Jesus is my boyfriend until he sends me my prince.' No, that's not how this works, regardless if you get a man or not. 

"You were created by the King of Kings and the Lord of all lords to be a beautiful and incredible human through Him to live out a purpose on this earth, to change the world for Him, and He is mighty and He is the Creator. He is not a boyfriend. He is not a little toy. He is not a feeling or a substitute until you get a man or the dream or the car or the house or the weight or the body or the size or the height or anything else that you want. 

"He is everything that we need, right here, right now, so don't call Jesus your boyfriend. It's just creepy. Just think about it like you're on a date with a guy and you're like holding his hand or your actual boyfriend as you're talking about getting engaged or something."