Satan's Lies about Singleness

Let's face it, we hear Satan's stupid lies all the time, and, admit it or not, we believe them. I will list his lies and counter them with God's Truth. 

Lie #1: You're single because you're...

Some words that are probably popping up into your head this very moment might include ugly, fat, stupid, boring, etc.

Truth #1: God loves you so much and you are wonderfully made by Him.

"See what great love the Father lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him."

- 1 John 3: 1.

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; and Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."

- Psalm 139: 13-16.

Lie #2: Because you don't have a boyfriend, you have no value.

"Ew, you've never had a boyfriend before!?" 

"I've had ten boyfriends already and you can't even manage to get one guy to take you out on a date??" 

"What a loser, I bet she hasn't even had her first kiss."

We might hear stuff like this a lot just because we're single.

Truth #2: Your value is found in Christ, not in boyfriends.

"But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that the coming ages He might show the incomparable riches of His grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."

- Ephesians 2: 4- 9.

"Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save."

- Psalm 146: 3.

Lie #3: It's impossible for you to find a husband, so it's impossible for God to find a husband for you.

You're so tired of being single. You'll never find love. Do you really think that God can find a husband for you after even you couldn't? 

- Satan.

Truth #3: GOD HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL AND WITH HIM, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE AND YOU ARE MADE SUFFICIENT BY HIM.

"I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

- Phillipians 4: 13.

"For no word from God will ever fail."

- Luke 1: 37.

"Ah, Soveriegn Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth with your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."

- Jeremiah 32: 17

Lie #4: You should just sit around and wait until someone special comes around and sweeps you off your feet.

Ooh! Even better! Waste all of your time looking for him! 

Truth #4: God has called you to serve Him and shine for Him.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who has called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to self-control perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and do to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in an increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind,  forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins. Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have."

- 2 Peter 1: 3- 12

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Colossians 3: 23-24. 

"It is the Lord your God you must follow, and Him you must revere. Keep His commandments and obey Him; serve Him and hold fast to Him."

Deuteronomy 13: 4.