She peers at me as we reach a red light "Normani, you're going to have to learn to be rich too, if you say yes"

"Wealth isn't something I've ever aspired to, Lauren." I frown. "I've always been okay with the simple things in life"

"I know. I love that about you. But then you've never been hungry," she says simply.

Her words are sobering.

"Where are we going?"

"To celebrate"

Woah, celebrate?

"Celebrate what? The house?"

"Have you forgotten already? Your new roll at your dance company"

"Oh. Haa, yes" I grin, unbelievably I did forget. "Celebrate where?"

"Up high at my club"

"Your... club?"

"Yes. One of them" she smiles.

The Mile High Club is on the seventy-sixth floor of Columbia Tower. It's very now and has the most head-spinning views over Florida.

"Cristal, ma'am?" Lauren hands me a glass of chilled champagne as I sit on a barstool.

"Why thank you ma'am. " I stress the last word flirtatiously, batting my eyelashes at her deliberately.

She gazes at me and her face darkens. "Are you flirting with me, Miss Hamilton?"

"Yes, Ms. Jauregui, I am. What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm sure I can think of something," she says, her voice low. "Come - our table's ready."

As we approach the table, Lauren stops me, her hand on my elbow.

"Take your panties off," she whispers.

"Huh?" I gasp.

"Go and take your panties off"

Oh? A delicious tingle runs down my spine.

"Go," she commands quietly.

Whoa, what?

I blink at her. She's not smiling - she's dead ass serious. Every muscle below my waistline tightens.

My inner mani struts into the club with her knee high shiny silver boots and hits a split to the beat.

The beat she hit the split to must be the beating of my heart because it is going a mile a minute. What would she do with my underwear off in this club full of flashing lights and eating people?

My inner mani crosses her legs out of the split and winks at me. Let's find out.

I hand her my glass of champagne, turn sharply on my heel, and head for the restroom.

Shit. What's she going to do? Perhaps this club is aptly named.

The restrooms are the height of modern design all dark wood, black granite, and pools of light from strategically placed halogens. In the privacy of the stall, I smirk as I rid myself of my underwear.