Year 7 | Together We Greet Death

Start from the beginning

Instead of replying, he pushed her behind him and extended his wand, climbing onto the bleachers. "Y-Your reign of terror has gone on long enough, long enough, Auntie Dearest." and the unlikely pair started casting the worst curses they could think of. Bellatrix easily deflected them and knocked Draco off the the bleacher with a simple reducto. She was on her own again. Bellatrix laughed as Ginny stumbled back from the force of her spell. Despite her husband's and Bill's protests, Mrs. Weasley surged forward and walked onto the bleacher with a murderous expression on her face. They had seen her fury before but they never witnessed the woman like that.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!"

She whipped her wand and Bellatrix easily deflected her curse. Again and again Mrs. Weasley slashed her wand through the air in her fury and Bellatrix blocked her spells everytime. She pushed her daughter behind her as the Deatheater advanced on her; it was an effort to dodge her quick hoard of spells. She thought of George, her poor boy captured and beaten to a bloody pulp for weeks. She thought of Fred and how he was a broken shell without him. Of Ron, who was too young to take on such a huge burden as destroying the Dark Lord. Bill's scarred face after he was attacked by Fenrir Greyback. No one would would hurt her children ever again. She wouldn't let them.

Her rage swelled up within her and she advanced on Bellatrix with all the skill she could muster. Fear flashed across Bellatrix's face as she was stunned. The rest of the Weasleys present watched in awe as Mrs. Weasley finished the bitch off, striking her with an explosive spell that obliterated her into ash. She smiled victoriously and turned to her daughter. Lily would always remember the expression on Bellatrix Lestrange's face before she was reduced to nothing. How could a human being who did so much harm just go like that?

"NO!" The furious cries of Roldolphus Lestrange rung through the air as he witnessed the destruction of his wife. From across the Hall, Lily casted an avada and her aim was true. It struck him in the face and he was on the floor before he realized his mistake.

A gasp slipped from Lily's lips and she braced herself against the bleachers as that all too familiar sensation of wickedness crept up into the fissures of her brain. The inky sky was visible through the panes glass windows of the boathouse across the Black Lake. Lord Voldemort paced the vicinity, looking between the serpent Nagini and Severus Snape, cloaked in black. "You are a loyal friend, Severus, I am truly sorry..." Voldemort whispered. Lily was screaming because Death was deciding to befriend another person she loves and it couldn't happen, it couldn't.

She mustered up all of the strength she could and forced herself into an Apparition; she visualized the boat house, the greenish tint to the air and the salty smell of the murky water. And then she was hearing it first hand: the slashing of Nagini as the snake lunged hungrily at Severus's threat over and over. She didn't register Harry, Ron, and Hermione hiding behind a stack of oars but they saw her. She barged into the boathouse just as Voldemort Disapparated, leaving her godfather to lay in his own pool of blood. He was gasping to breathe air into his lungs, taking in ragged breaths at the sight of his own blood running down his front, rasping out words as Lily let out a melancholic moan.

She dropped to her knees and pulled his head onto her lap, weeping over his shell shocked face as the other barged in. Harry scrambled to his knees and helped Lily slow the bleeding. Her hands were drenched in crimson again. Again. Hermione and Ron lingered behind Harry as he watched tears cascade down Severus's cheeks. He raised a shaky, bloodied hand and cried out, " T-Take it...Take it, please!" But lily already knew the truth in those tears...she knew...