Year 5 | Of Secrets and Lies

LILY POTTER ONLY  every enjoyed being the center of attention when she and her partners in crime were pulling a prank, so one could imagine how she felt as every pair of eyes stared at her questioningly

     LILY POTTER ONLY  every enjoyed being the center of attention when she and her partners in crime were pulling a prank, so one could imagine how she felt as every pair of eyes stared at her questioningly. Mrs. Weasley, the kind soul, handed her daughter-figure a glass of water and sat down beside her. On the other side of the table stood Remus and Sirius, expectant for answers.

       "It's quite the story." said Lily, avoiding their gazes as she watched the water settle within her glass. "A long one, at that, too."

      Sirius seemed to be furious at the world, "Who did this to you."

      "We already know who inflicted this upon Potter." cut in Snape. Sirius gave him quite the look.

      Lily nodded once at Snape and circled her finger around the rim of the glass, "I've only just realized that he has many aliases. Some of which, I must admit, I have created myself. They're not all too kind, if you ask me."

     "Lily." sighed Remus.

      He knew what she was doing. Her father did the exact same thing when he wanted to avoid speaking about something; he would speak aloud everything running through his mind except for just that. In a way, however, Remus was wrong. No one knew of what went on in the depths of Lily's mind.

      "People tend to cringe. As you know, I have quite the mouth." continued Lily nonchalantly. It was true. While encountering a nasty Deatheater, she shouted profanities of a whole new level and even caught him off guard.

     "Lily." This time it was Sirius.

     She met his deep brown eyes and licked her dry lips, "I've had my fair share of crap over the past few weeks."

      "What happened?" Remus set himself down in a chair

     "Voldemort happened." She hissed to herself.

     "Voldemort?" Sirius repeated, furrowing his eyebrows. He looked at Mad-Eye, "Can he be that far already?"

     "No." Lily shook her head. "I've just been bearing more of the weight than Harry."