seven

>>>>

>>>>

"Hello to you both," the counselor smiled at Taehyung and I before taking a seat behind her desk, "it has been a while since we've seen each other. We're just going to dive right in." She picked up her notepad before talking again. "We left off with you Graycen, please tell us how the marriage didn't work."

I closed my eyes tightly before standing to my feet, "I was the only one who went because I was the only one who believed in fighting for us, Taehyung didn't care."

"I did care!"

I didn't bother to look at him, I just kept my eyes on the counselor.

"He never showed up to marriage counseling and he refused everytime," I took my time to speak so I wouldn't lose it, "I looked like a damn fool, I was the only one who wanted us to work."

"Is that true, Taehyung?" The counselor asked, leaning more over her desk and jotting things down in her notepad.

He inhaled, "Maybe so." It was infuriating the way he was nonchalant about this.

"How did this marriage die, can I ask you Taehyung?" I took a seat but she shook her head and gestured me to stand back up. Rolling my eyes, I got up. "Taehyung, stand up and tell her why the marriage died. Graycen, look at him while he talks to you."

It took him a moment to stand up and he turned himself towards me, "Our marriage died because you decided that you–"

"– pause!" The counselor stopped him. "Graycen, I need you look him in his eyes, there's nothing on the floor that'll help you! Taehyung look her in her eyes and Graycen look at him." Looking at each other was the hardest thing because it's either me looking away or him and we spent five minutes of the counselor yelling at us until we got it together.

"Our marriage died when you decided to go to Australia to heal without me," he said, he was fighting so hard to continue to look at me, "I was by myself for five months at that apartment by myself. We barely spoke to each other because every time I tried to call or text, you didn't answer. I needed you the most and you just left."

"I told you to come with me!" I muttered, toying with the ends of shirt. "You never came with me, I waited for you at that airport and you never came."

Taehyung sucked his teeth, "I had something important that day and you know that I did. I had to handle something with Ja–"

"– it's always Jade to you!" I argued back, it's pathetic but I was jealous of the relationship he had with Jade. He meant a lot to her for some reason and I didn't get that. "If Jade is the reason you decided to not go on the plane then it isn't my fault."

"Yes it is!" He argued back, I broke eye contact for a quick second before looking back at him. "You already knew how I felt about leaving to go to Australia. We had everything here, I understand that you can just up and leave your business with your workers but I can't just do that.

What you did was selfish and you accusing me of cheating on you with a damn patient is just as reckless. Not once did you even stop to think about that, Graycen?"

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, "Graycen, do you have anything to say to that?" The counselor questioned but my eyes stayed onto Taehyung's. We were basically staring into each other's souls, I did everything in my power to not wild out. He was right and that broke me, there was nothing to fix here? Plus, I saw him with some other bitch at the ice cream shop.

"Graycen, calm down. How about you both take a seat?" He sat down immediately and he was feeling uncomfortable since I was still staring at him. His feet were constantly beating against the carpet underneath our feet. "Do you need a minute?"

"I'm fine!" Moving my eyes off of Taehyung, I looked back at the lady then I realized that I was tearing up. "Lets continue this session, shall we?" I took a seat and leaned back, feeling my head start to pound I realized that I needed to relax.

"So it's pretty obvious that there were things that needs to be discussed like this patient, what is the deal with her?"

I heard Taehyung take a breath before he spoke, "I cannot tell you any personal business about my patient but I can tell you that she was there for me."

"Tell her how you told the patient our business, Taehyung?" I chortled before turning my head towards him. "Tell her how that patient found out that I was pregnant and how you and that patient have an unprofessional bond."

He licked his lower lip before clenching his jaw, "Why the hell are you so bothered about that, Graycen? Enlighten me and enlighten us, why the hell are you so upset about that?"

"Because when she contacted me while I'm at work asking me how my baby is I find that inappropriate." I chuckled bitterly. "Wouldn't you find that inappropriate?" I looked to the counselor who was writing away in her notepad.

She smiled widely before saying her opinion, "Yes, it's inappropriate but it's not that bad. So it's obvious that you were you just weirded out by that, Graycen?"

"I was very weirded out by that," I looked down at my hands, "I was scared that she was some random bitch but I'm over it now."

Taehyung shook his head before playing with his rings, "Graycen's problem was that she didn't trust me."

"No," I held up my finger, "that wasn't my problem. I was just stressed because everything that was supposed to happen with our baby didn't and I failed to realize that.

My first baby didn't even have a heartbeat, I never felt a baby kick and I thought everything was okay. On top of that, after we lost him, everything started to crash down."

The counselor looked between the both of us, "You knew the sex before he died?"

"After." Taehyung answered, his voice was getting weak and before you knew it he was crying. "Can we end this session, please?"

"Yeah, I was just about to end it anyways." She sighed before sitting up in her seat. "Next week, we'll be talking about the aftermath of the miscarriage. Is that okay?"

Taehyung just got up and left, I wanted to get up and go after him. I wanted to but the woman told me no. She said he needed space and that it was good that he was getting emotional because it was a sign that he cared and that was all that was on my mind.

Taehyung cared.