Present day (Updated)

Start from the beginning

Soon, I heard the tap running and small steps walking behind me.

"Done!" she said smiling and holding her soaked hands out to show me.

"Can you toast these waffles for me please?" I grabbed the essential blueberry waffles' packet and handed her eight of the waffles inside.

She grabbed two happily and popped it in the toaster excitedly.

Look at my little chef.

Once done beating the eggs, I poured some onto the two slices of bacon and left it there to cook.

Alright. Just how Veronica likes it.

I turned around to see Alana staring intently at the toaster waiting for the waffles to pop out.

Well someone's attentive.

... Pop!

Her face lit up when she saw the now golden waffles in the toaster.

"Look mummy! Look! Look!" she said tugging at my hand and pointing at the waffles with a wide smile on her face.

"Good job baby! I'm so proud of you!" I said patting her head and giving her a small hug.

Her eyes started to water as she looked up at me.

"Really? You are?"

"Yes. I am...." I said making her smile widely and look proudly at her toasted waffles.

"Okay! No more stalling! You still have more to toast!" I proclaimed, pointing at the toaster.

She giggled slightly and nodded her head seriously. She delicately placed the golden waffles on the plate and placed two more in the toaster.

Okay. I should get back to work too.

I grabbed a plate and placed Veronica's breakfast on there. I plopped six new slices of bacon onto the stove for everyone else.

About four minutes of me flipping the crispy bacon went by and I heard a door creak open.

"Morning Lilly."

Mornin' daddy.

"Good morning daddy." I said placing the bacon on a new plate.

"Your coffee mixtures are already on the table waiting for you to brew." he sighed and scratched his head tiredly.

"Thank you love." I gave him a 'yup' and started to cook the remainder of scrambled eggs.

"Mummy! I'm done!"

Beautiful.

"Beautifully done! Now place two waffles on each plate please." she smiled widely and said "Yes mum. " before doing her task.

Dad grabbed his laptop off of the island and started typing away, sitting by the dining room table.

You know, the usual.

"Is there a ticket ready for me?" I asked, placing the last of the eggs onto their respected plates.

Done.

I was going to wash the dishes, but he stopped me saying that Veronica will do them today.

I took out some syrup, fruits, nuts and our light whipped cream, cutting the fruits.

" Mummy? What to do now?" she asked looking up at me with those big eyes of hers.

"Go and ask uncle if he wants a fruit bowl with his breakfast please." she nodes and hastily walks towards daddy pulling on his pants.