"I had a lot of fun but..."

Stevie couldn't take it anymore. Two weeks had passed and she still felt awful! She was tired, sick, she would have dizzy spells and the headaches- they took the cake! One morning, after having spent the night in Lindsey's arms, she tip toed into the bathroom. She pulled a pregnancy test out from under the sink and took it, only for her daughter to bang on the door requesting her attention.

"Coming, gummy bear!" she called out, leaving it to sit on the bathroom sink. It took twenty minutes anyway, she had plenty of time to get Arabella sorted. She rushed out of the bathroom to see her daughter beaming, staring up at her as if she were an angel.

"Pretty mommy!" she squealed, clapping her hands.

"Thank you, precious" Stevie picked up the little girl and kissed her cheek. "Do you know where daddy is?"

She shook her head and Stevie looked thoughtful a moment. He was just in bed a minute ago. How long was she in there?

"Steph!" She heard her name and knew it was just who she was looking for. She walked into the living room and sat her daughter down with a toy so she could get to work on making her oatmeal.

"Good morning, Linds." Stevie kissed his lips softly and he smiled.

"Good morning, baby"

"So why did you call my name?"

"I saw your note by the answering machine"

"What note?" Stevie asked, getting a pot and the oats out of the cupboards.

"You have a brunch date with Alan today."

"I what?" Stevie stopped, looking up at Lindsey.

"Get dressed and I'll take over here."

"Are you sure?" Stevie looked grateful for the help. Lindsey nodded. "Thank you!" Stevie went back to her room to find an outfit. She changed quickly then went to the bathroom to do her makeup, only to remember the test she had yet to look at. She read the instructions again, then looked at her result. "Fuck" Part of her was extremely happy, but there was also a part of her that was a little sad. She continued on with her makeup, trying to decide if she felt up to going on this date she didn't even remember agreeing to. She looked back at the test then the mirror, and sighed. "I can't do this." She put her makeup away and as she caught a glimpse of herself in the full length mirror, the tears fell. This wasn't the way it was meant to go. She wasn't supposed to be dating anyone while she was married to her one true love. They were supposed to be happy and have babies and work on their music as a unit and the longer this experiment lasted, she could feel Lindsey pulling away emotionally. He was loving and wonderful but there was something missing, as if he were saving himself from heartache if she left. She touched her stomach beneath the silky fabric of her blouse and knew what she had to do. She had to end things with Alan. She found Lindsey, serving breakfast to Arabella. The oatmeal was cool enough for her to eat on her own and she did so happily.

"I put a few chocolate chips in there, don't tell mommy" he told the little girl and she nodded, giggling.

"I heard whispering." Stevie said and Lindsey gave her an adorably guilty face. "Can I talk to you a second?" Lindsey glanced at Arabella who was still eating, and he nodded. "I don't want to go on that date. I don't want to go to therapy, I just want this to be over." Stevie smiled, reaching out to touch her husband's face when he suddenly smacked her hand away. She was visibly hurt.

"Why now, Stevie? You knew I didn't like the idea, you knew I didn't want to go to Dr Bozo--"

"Banzo"

"Whatever. You seemed to love parading around here, looking like you've just been kissed by some other guy. You let him grope you, and sit close to you...he's been dating you for almost five months and you don't give a shit!" He raised his voice and Arabella started to cry. "Why don't you just fuck him, marry him?!"