Going Their Own Way

Warning: some sexual activities

Lindsey wakes up in the middle of the night, checks on Arabella who is sleeping peacefully in her crib then heads to the bathroom. He finishes up, washes his hands then settles back into bed. Just as he's about to drift off, he hears a soft, repetitive sound- knocking? He sits up and looks at the clock on the nightstand.

"Who the hell would be here at four in the morning?" He checks in on Arabella again then goes to answer the door, hearing continued soft knocking.  He looks through the peep hole then unlocks the door, pulling the door open. "Stevie!"

"Hey, baby. I'm sorry, I couldn't find my keys. I missed you both so much and I just couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't be away." She drops her bags and before he has time to respond, she flings her arms around his neck. She kisses him passionately, moving them inside apartment. She pushes him down onto the couch and climbs on top of him. The door is still wide open, her luggage is in the hall and she's still wearing her jacket and boots.

"Am I dreaming?" he asks as she feverishly kisses down his neck. She giggles against his skin and shakes her curly head.

"No, you're awake, I'm awake. We're together."

"My god, I missed you, you smell so good..." He pulls her jacket off her shoulders, inhaling her scent and she rips it the rest of the way off. She unbuttons her blouse to expose herself to him and he immediately attaches his mouth to one of her breasts, squeezing the other in his hand. She moans and kisses him again, slipping her tongue into his mouth. She grinds her hips against his, feeling his building erection beneath her. His groans are intoxicating, as he's clearly already aroused and ready for her. She hikes her skirt up a little and his hand slides down her body, gripping her bottom and her exposed thighs. "You feel so good"

"So do you. It's been so long."

"Too long" Lindsey agrees. "I missed you so much while you were gone."

"I'm not leaving again." she says.

"Never? Just like that?"

"Yep, just like that."

"God, I love you."

"I love you too, Linds. Make love to me."

"With pleasure." he says with a smirk and she giggles, kissing him again. She reaches a hand between them and takes him out of his pajama bottoms. She strokes him, smiling at his reaction to her touch. She moves her panties aside and slides herself onto him. They both gasp, hands groping each other wildly. She bounces above him, circling her hips and he holds onto her, his fingertips digging into her skin slightly. Even half asleep, his senses are heightened and he feels everything more intensely. The way her hair glides across his chest when she leans down to kiss him, her soft pillowy lips on his, the taste of her tongue, the scent of her perfume...it all draws him in deeper. He wraps his arms around her, pulling her to his chest and stilling her movements. Her dark eyes meet his light ones and he looks at her more intently than he ever has. She feels the connection instantly and begins to cry. He shushes her, kissing her lips repeatedly, and sits up to hold her.

"We're really doing this" she whispers.

"Doing what?"

"Going our own way...no pun intended." she adds and he chuckles.

"Yeah, I guess we are. Do you think we will be alright? You and me, no one else?"

"I think so." she says over his shoulder.

"Don't cry, okay? Everything will be fine." He withdraws from her and she moves off, patting her skirt down and pulling her blouse closed.

"I'm sorry about all this."

"You shouldn't be. I didn't marry a robot, you're allowed to feel things."

"I don't know where it came from. We were making love and...the way you looked at me, I just..."

"I love you, Steph. I care about and having you home makes me so happy. Arabella will be so excited to see you."

"I've missed her so much."

"And you know she's missed you too. Why don't we go to our room and get some sleep. I'm sure you're tired." She simply nods and he leads her to their bedroom. He steps out briefly to gather her luggage and shut the door. He stifles a laugh, thinking how thankful he is that no one else lives on their floor, just them, as they would have gotten quite the show. He goes back to the bedroom only to find it empty. He already knew just where she would be, finding her in their daughter's room.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Stevie whispers, now dressed in a white silk camisole and matching shorts.

"Gorgeous, just like her mama." he says, kissing his wife's temple. "Never in a million years did I think we would have a child."

"Neither did I."

"I wouldn't change what we have now for the world." She turns to him, laying her head on his chest and wrapping her arms around him. "We can still go to therapy and sort through our problems. I know I've been putting it off and I don't want to do that anymore. I want you to trust me and I want to be able to move forward completely."

"Really? You agreed before but all this time, you're finally up to going?"

"I had thought about going after your tour wrapped but--"

"I'm back now."

"As good a time as any."

"Thank you, Lindsey."

"I should be thanking you. For almost two years you have been nothing but open and loving toward me. I don't want you to suppress anything. Doing that will only make us completely blow up one day, then where will that leave us?"

"You're actually growing up, Buck."

"Maybe I am." he says. "Maybe I am."