| 16 |

My head was throbbing, begging for attention. I winced as I opened my eyes and became blinded by the bright light. It seemed to take forever for my eyes to adjust to the disabling lights but when they did, I looked around to survey my surroundings. I was in a small, square, and terribly cold room with steel walls and a two-way mirror. It was an interrogation room. I sat at a table, handcuffed to it.

The last thing I remembered was going out on the supply run and leaving the grocery store. Somebody freaking jumped me in the parking lot. Damn it. I grumbled under my breath and looked for a door, for some way out. But the freezing cold ice box I was in didn't seem to have a door. I stared ahead at the two-way mirror, silently hoping cops had taken me and not HYDRA. Unfortunately, I had no luck.

A section of the wall opened and in walked a man dressed in a fancy suit and glasses. He sat down across from me and introduced himself.

"Hello, Agent Cooper. I'm—,"

"I know who you are." I cut him off harshly, speaking through my teeth. "You're suppose to be dead."

"And you're suppose to be retired." Alexander Pierce countered. "But here we are. And you're causing me quite some trouble. Well, at least you were until earlier tonight."

His words didn't make any sense, but I didn't let him see that I was confused.

"You see, I had every intention of bringing you back here and getting information out of you the good old fashioned way until I got the Soldier back. I don't like when people steal from me, Cooper. But then when my agents snagged you in the parking lot, he just jumped in and handed himself right to me."

Wait. They had Bucky. I immediately began to pull against the restraints in attempt to get out.

"You son of a bitch." I cursed. "Let him go! He's done nothing to you!"

Pierce stood up and straightened his suit jacket. The secret door opened and agents walked in.

"Let's go pay the Solider a visit, shall we?"

My handcuffs were unlocked so I could move. The second I was free, I delivered a punch to the agent's nose and then kicked another agent's knee. It snapped and someone easily grabbed my ponytail, pulling me back by my hair. I gritted my teeth together, wincing as the man put his gun to my temple.

"Don't act out, Agent Cooper, unless you want to find out what happens here when you do." Pierce warned in a dark voice. I looked away from him, feeling anger and fear rise in my veins. I didn't want anything to happen to Bucky.

I was taken down a hallway, forced to follow Pierce as he led me to a much more secure room than the one I had previously been in. This room had agents inside and out. The one holding me let me go with a push I didn't see coming and I stumbled a little. Bucky sat in the middle of the room, his arms secured in some sort of machine. My eyes met his and I knew he could see the anger on my face. Why did he follow me? I went alone for a reason. This was that very reason!

"I figured you both know where the rest of your little team is." Pierce spoke. "Before I wipe his memory, I want answers."

My arm was grabbed and I was forced into a seat by the agent who had decided to grab my hair. Handcuffs were slapped on to both of my wrists and around the legs of the chair.

"Where is Steve Rogers staying right now?" Pierce asked. Bucky and I only watched each other. I wasn't about to answer and I knew he wouldn't either. The wind was suddenly expelled from my lungs as someone punched me in the stomach. I doubled over and hung my head.

"Don't touch her." Bucky growled lowly.

"Then tell me where Steve Rogers is."

I flipped my hair back, lips parted, and met his gaze. I shook my head just slightly. No matter what happened to us, he couldn't tell, neither of us could. The second and third hits were delivered to my cheek and temple. I took them decently. They hurt but I could deal with it.