| 22 |

I was trembling so bad. I couldn't stop it. I was forced to relive my nightmare so many times, it was like the event was fresh. With the big blue plaid button down wrapped around me, which I knew had to be Bucky's–ultimately making it Riggs'–and a pair of leggings on, I left the bathroom.

"What do you want, Widia?" Sam asked. "We have Chinese, Thai, and pizza."

"I'm-I'm not hungry." I replied quietly, wrapping my shaky arms around myself.

"You've gotta eat, Wids." Bucky spoke softly. "They had us for three days."

I shook my head and moved to get into the bed behind him, wanting nothing more than to sleep. However, I knew that wouldn't happen, at least not until the drugs were out of my system. I put my back to him, pulling my knees up loosely to my chest. After a while, the lights were turned off and I felt the bed move as Bucky settled down to try to get some sleep.

"Hey, doll?" He whispered to me. "Are you asleep?"

"No."

"Can you.... Can you please just tell me what happened? Why are you so shaky?" His hand touched my side, spooking me. I flinched and squeezed my eyes shut tightly.

"Not-not right now."

"Please, Wids. I want to know. I have to. It's driving me crazy."

"We aren't–We aren't the only ones here." I closed my eyes, hoping he'd stop asking.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't keep you safe, doll."

I felt him kiss the material between my shoulders as his hand rubbed my side.

———

My eyes opened suddenly as a sharp breath was drawn in. I could hear my heart pounding, thumping in my ears. I turned my head and saw that I was alone in the room. No one was on the bed beside me or on the other bed in the room. I sat up and brushed my hair back, rubbing my eyes as I let out a sigh. The door opened and in walked Bucky.

"Mornin, doll." He gave me a little smile. I looked away, dropping my gaze to the blue plaid patterned sleeves of my shirt. "You slept hard, but moved a lot. You mumbled a bunch of stuff and even said some names." He sat down on the edge of the bed beside me. "You had a dream about your team."

It wasn't a question, but I still nodded my head to confirm his suspicions.

"Was it bad?"

I nodded again and quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Widia." He started to put his hand on my knee but at the last minute, he pulled back. "All of the stuff is packed in the van. Romanoff said they found a cabin some place that we should be okay in for a while."

"Should be." I whispered.

"What?"

I shook my head and brushed my hair back.

"How long do I have?" I asked.

"Take all the time you need."

I got out of the bed, pushing the blankets back, and went to the bathroom, picking up my bag on the way there.

Third Person P.O.V.

Once Widia was in the bathroom, Bucky went back out to join the rest of the gang where they were gathered at the back of the mini-van.

"She's got some color back and she isn't stuttering." Bucky sighed as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jacket. It was extremely cold and windy outside. The weather was calling for snow.