Chapter Six: The Confession

"Do you remember...... Radiant Hope?". Sombra asked Chrys. She thought about it for a moment or two, then she remembered. "Yeah....". She sighed, remembering that she saw how Sombra felt about Hope and how he called her "A queen of insects. A queen of vermin!". Sombra then asked, "Do you want to know what happened to her? You know, before we became allies.". "I-if it makes you feel better, then go ahead.". Chrys said, a bit afraid of what he would say next. Then, Sombra began. "It was a special day for both of us. At least for me. Though storm clouds were forming, it didn't matter to me. I was going to tell Hope my true feelings about her. Next thing I knew I heard her screaming. I galloped as fast as I could but... it was too late. She was just laying there.... Motionless, yet crying. I saw a cloaked figure in front of me. The figure turned to me, tried to blast me with magic, but I dodged and it got caught off guard. I tried to grab Hope and get her to the healing pool as fast as I could. When I was almost there, the figure had somehow controlled the storm clouds and made a circle of burning trees from a lightning bolt. We were trapped. A strong breeze blew the cloak off of the figure, and I realized who it was..... Scorpan. I tried to save Radiant Hope with my magic by putting a forcefield around us. Then I said, "H-hope! Stay with me, okay??? You're... you're going to be just fine!". The last thing she said was, "Sombra....". She then used her last ounce of magic to turn me back into what you see now. A freak. A......... a MONSTER. Once I was awake, I saw her and...... she was gone. I buried her in the healing pool, so she could heal even more ponies who were lucky enough to find it.". Tears started falling from his eyes once again, but harder than before. "To think I... I could've saved her, a-and yet she gave up her life for me! Me! Like I was that important! I-if I could have saved her, none of this would have happened!!!! Hope would still be here but.... it was because of me! I-it's all my fault!". Sombra just couldn't stop crying. Seeing how terrible he felt about Hope's death, Chrys mustered up enough courage to say, "Yeah, but if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have found you. We wouldn't have become allies. We wouldn't have met those Rover, Fido, and Spot. We wouldn't be here right now. Together.". "Yeah...". Sombra sighed, finally had stopped crying. They must have talked for hours, because by the time they stopped, night had just fallen. "Well, do you want to rest here for tonight?". Chrys asked Sombra. He sighed, "Okay.". This time Sombra was laying beside Chrys, and fell asleep almost instantly. "I can't believe he went though all of that!". She thought, laying her head against his. Once they were fully asleep, the cloaked figure from the night before slowly crept out of the bushes and covered Chrys' mouth with magic and levitated Chrys away while she struggled to break free and call Sombra. Unfortunately, Sombra was fast asleep and was unaware of the danger his queen would be in.