Hidden (Part 1)

Dirk's POV
   I had locked myself up in a room, my katana close in hand to protect myself from an attacker. I got split up with Dave and his boyfriend, Karkat, when the military showed up. Everything had gone to shit. This little trip we went on turned into a total mess. It had been about 2 weeks since I've seen them and for all I knew, they were dead.
   My only source of food is in a storage room down the hall. Each trip to the storage room was basically putting me at a risk of being killed. The military gangs were camping out on the floor right below mine. One loud noise and they would have found out my hiding spot. I would be dead for sure.
   I try and distract myself from this by thinking back to the happier times. But my mind is quickly clouded by the thoughts of how everything had changed so quickly. "I wonder if everyone is okay?" I say to myself on the verge of insanity.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake's POV
   It's been one or two weeks now since I've seen John. I had been chased into the forest area of the island by a hoard of infected. I had come to Summerset with Jade and John. Jade had been attacked by the infected while she was at the beach, and sadly John was there to witness it. John had told me about what happened and how he was being chased on his way back to our cabin. After that, we split up in the woods.
   Finally, after weeks of walking, the Central Hotel was now in my field of vision. "This is it." I thought to myself, "I've finally reached safety." I made my way into the main entrance, making sure to be extra quiet as I snuck up the stairs to the top floor. I made sure to check for any supplies on the other floors, but came up empty. Unless towels and bed sheets had some use, but I don't think they are much use in a zombie apocalypse.
   On the second highest floor, there was a person patrolling the hallway, or at least it looked human. I kept my distance and found two pistol and a cargo box near the stairs. I put them in my belt and went on my way to the top floor.
   Seeking for safety and shelter, I checked the rooms on the floor for a somewhat safe looking room. There was a sound coming from down the hall. It sounded like a voice. I creep next to the door, trying not to disturb whatever was in the room. The voice sounded familiar but I didn't want to take any chances. "Hello?" I say quietly. Taking one of the pistols out of my belt and I kicked the door open. "Zadzooks.." I say as I look at who it was and I dropped my gun running over to them.