{9} - Mother and Father Weren't Meant To Live Forever.

Hey guys, 

Okay so before I begin this chapter, I just wanted to let you know that i'm going to end this book in maybe 5 (more or less) chapters. I have some awesome ideas, so I hope I can end it without disappointment xD okay read on! c: 

________________________________________________________________________

"What could you possibly want now?" I asked, completely annoyed, half-dead from the previous make-out session with Camry, and tired from the lack of sleep and food.

"Not much," he said casually, "But you need to leave."

I scoffed, "And why is that, your magesty?"

"Don't call me that."

"Oh why not?" I exclaimed, folding my arms over my chest, "You act like you're over me anyways."

"Because you're an idiot, and you'd be dead if it wasn't for me."

He had a point.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, "Why do I need to leave?" 

"Because," he tipped his mask up a little for some fresh air before fixing it and pulling it back down. I was the only one who's ever seen Jack without it on, and I felt honored by that. 

"Because?..."

He sighed out of frustration, "What you did in there," he pointed to the house, "Was sick."

"It was not."

"It was careless."

"Jack, it was normal."

"That's not what we do Jeff!" I flinched at how upset he was, "I'm sorry for yelling. But, this has happened before Jeff. It's what almost got you killed, and after all I did to pull you out of getting in trouble, let alone DYING, you decide to do it all over again."

"It's different this time."

"Oh really," he took a step closer, "Because this situation is strickingly similar to the last one."

Okay, so maybe he was right. Last time, I almost got killed over a petty little relationship. But this one was different, I could feel it. He just didn't understand what it's like to feel this way about anyone. He's just jealous because I still have some ties to my former emotions, and no matter how hard he tries, he'll always be disconnected. He should go eat some fucking kidneys and leave me the hell alone. I grabbed his hand in a playful manner, swinging it back and fourth in mine.

"Don't worry. I won't get attatched." 

I could tell under his mask that he was frowning. He said to me in a doubtful tone, "Okay then Jeff," he pulled away from my hand and wiped away my "germs" on his jeans, "I trust you."

I couldn't help but smile at how my touch annoyed him. He was such a weird guy. "Alright then."

He nodded before sighing and running off and over a fence. I know what your thinking: "Awhhhhh, Jack is such a sweet guy for trusting Jeff and letting him carry on his little relationship with Camry. How cute, how cuteeeeeeee."

But you're wrong. He may seem nice and all, but he's even more messed up than me. I wouldn't be caught dead on that guy's bad side, and if I mess this up, he won't be there to save me. Oh no. In fact, he'd be there to burn me alive...

I pondered on all the memories I had with Jack, some good, others bad. Very bad, but still, he was the only person in this awful world who cared for me. And that meant a lot.

"You!" 

I almost cringed at his annoyingly loud voice. I had completely forgotten about Camry and her parents, and how they had just walked in on her little princess getting hot and heavy with some hooded stranger. The cool air flooded into my skin with a strong gust of wind. I hadn't realized how exquisite this night was. The air smelt nice, and the sky was higlighted by dancing balls of fire and gas, too high up to hurt us. But just close enough to light up the darkness.