Chapter 11|What's Done in the Dark

September 11, 2017
10:00 A.M.
Knowles Residence

Beyoncé

"I don't get why you won't let me work with y'all

"I don't get why you won't let me work with y'all. Y'all actin' like I'm some naive child that's gonna fuck shit up for the business." Solange said, with attitude evident in her voice.

Dave and I were at my mama's house in the dining room having a sit down, just to catch up on some things about the business. Honestly, Solange wasn't even supposed to be in the room when mama, Dave and I have our meetings.

"Solo, you just turned 21 and you just started college. You think imma let you ruin your life fuckin' with this drug shit? Excuse my language mommy." I scrunched my face up and Solange rolled her eyes. Mama just sat there in silence.

"I'm not a baby Beyoncé! Let me do something. Dave is only 19 and he gets to work with you!" She was pleading, but I really wasn't tryna hear it.

When she didn't get an immediate response from me, she turned to mama for help.

"Mommy!-

"Nope. Your sister's right Solo. You need to focus on school and keep your head on straight. To be honest with you, your brother is a lot more hardcore than you baby." Dave busted out laughing and I smirked at Solange from across the table as she rolled her eyes to the ceiling.

"Whatever." She sat back in her chair, folding her arms across her chest.

"Ha Ha. I won." I stuck my thumbs in my ears, and wiggled my fingers, sticking my tongue out. She sucked her teeth, becoming annoyed with my taunting.

"Leave the girl alone Giselle, because I got a bone to pick witcho hoe ass too." Mama said, and Dave & Solange started laughing.

"Ma, why I gotta be all that? What did I even do?" I asked and she just scolded me.

"You know exactly what you did. You lettin' that Lashitteria bitch get in your head and you slackin'." I tried my best to hold in my laugh, but failed miserably when Solo and Dave busted out laughing once again.

"It's Lashontae mama." I wiped the tears of laughter from my face and she sucked her teeth.

"I don't give a damn what her name is. I don't trust the lil mutt bitch. She's sneaky. You need to fire her. She keep comin' around like she apart of the family. I barely know the skeezer." I rolled my eyes, here she goes again tryna tell me how to run my business.