- The soldier

In the middle midnight howl resurfaced . Bored helmets lost bullets on the floor. Blood on the helmets . Laub . The ridges were watering ... Tall, athletic, strong as strangely ever wanted to be , was that dark. The animals moved away scared . Expired , the wind howled ê mourned . The plaintive wail of coyotes squeezed into the distant horizon . The mounds of ice were tainted by the blood of raped ê figures murdered in his stomach. Darkness were at the mercy .

- I know - said the soldier to his own conscience .

A soldier . Now who was that soldier? - Have said the emotional tales should not call your characters , so somehow be neutralized awareness of credible trial. Well , we should also expect not dictate how the knowledge has been taken by him , the event that occurred , while going to happen . But what could it be? A letter? A simple memory? Well , who cares? Night remembering always calls with songs or storms. The spirits investigate and what was lost is always found in the recall . Silver treated with both the memory.

Well , that soldier did something to eat , but what could it be? It is known that it is difficult to think of anything to eat all that snow. And that could mean that snow ? All that is known is that their small hands ran to try to get away from the cold . His eyebrows weighed . His meager lips stung with wounds . His neck wrapped in a thick cloak made of the skin of some animal was almost extinct dormant , however heated, ie , if it is possible to feel the warm neck being the same numb.

Like: A storm was unleashed in his memory .

- Go, lie down a bit . Stay at your place - shot the officer, trying to remember his name . I mean, not the name called " war cry " , but the name before this . Something like Gianpietro or Gianpiero . Maybe Gianpedro or Giancícero . Who knows ?

What is known is that the soldier did not answer the officer. Remained with fixed eyes on a near horizon . Suddenly rang the company on his conscience that reminded him of the hierarchy that was subdued . But before he could say anything , the official said :

- What is it?

He took step forward . Steadied the rifle in his hands, while the light respaldava in its metal - lit material.

- My friend has not returned from the battlefield , sir . Request permission to go pick it up - told the soldier to his superior .

The officer who had become a friend and soldier knew reasonably approached . Shared vision with the focus of the soldier . He rubbed his hands and making a shell with them baforou own breath warm inside. Maybe this time trying to remember his first name harder. Then he said :

- Permission denied ! - The officer replied without looking in his eyes , without recall of habits , gestures and pretensions of an aspiring war - I do not want you to risk your life for a man who is probably already dead.

The soldier did not answer . Remained standing still , looking at the same place where the officer was staring . In the hands of the soldier a helmet destroyed where a day has been written Aerre .

The memories marked the soldier. With the words of the young , the white teeth shine like the sun in the clouds , seemed to make the most sense , since he was already dear . His sister wanted to taste the kiss from her friend ê test how deep eyes could be . How strong could be your hug? Perhaps a minority disapproved , but only to her belonged the right choice for the future . Also the possibility of having a child encouraged him greatly . Wanted to protect this man . Not that the protection of his soldier brother was insufficient , but she needed it otherwise. About the future child , nephew of the soldier ? She would like to inherit the attributes of the parent . Selfless to the point of not caring about the clothes I was wearing , smiling and humorous , captivating and helpful , polite and friendly , strong and tall , with blue left eye and the right green.

Ledda was to discover the taste of victory, although he spent a few sleepless nights, overcome the shadows of his room and sunk in tears that his soul could not contain. The man in her life was at war with his brother, his oldest friend. However, the child who always wanted was to grow in her womb. No one knew yet. 

... 

In war, the soldier continued thinking about his childhood friend. He could not make his sister cry - thought; as he remembered the times they exchanged punches and foot ends - male trucks. 

- I need to pee, sir. 

- Before going. Take a new Aerre. I do not want you to hurt yourself by not taking good air. 

- Thank you, sir. 

The soldier who would disregard the ban came out. Picked up a new helmet Aerre and returned an hour later mortally wounded, with his friend on the back. 

The snow was even more bloody.

- I told you he was dead! Now because of their indiscipline I lost two men. Tell me was it worth it, go there bring a corpse? 

- Of course, my lord. When I met my friend he was still alive and can tell me - "I was sure you would come."